Wednesday, November 1, 2017

More Gray, More Drizzle


Late Autumn Victoria/Woodlawn

7:48

8:18
I woke at 5:00 but fell back asleep until 6:50 fortunately.  I have been sitting here with my blanket, sipping coffee and listening to something other than Trump tweets.  It takes a terrorist attack to keep him off the airways.  It's a chilly 36º and we will probably get some rain on and off during the day.

A Bleak And Cold Kayak Morning

Back Again
Yesterday we were expecting Cory, our plumber, to arrive at 9:00, to give our boiler a winter check-up.  We, of course, got a call at 9:00 saying he had an emergency and would not be over until 11:00.  It kind of screwed up our day because we both had plans to be somewhere else at noon.  So we modified our plans somewhat.  I drove off to Dunn Tire, to get my four wheel alignment since the lifetime alignment I had purchased at Sears Auto in Lakewood was no longer in business.  The closest Sears Auto is either in Ohio or Rochester, New York.  So I drove to the local Dunn Tire, dropped off my car and the agent said it would be about forty-five minutes.  So I walked across the street to Sam's Club, browsed a bit and came away with some winter gloves for Evie and me.  I then walked back to the store, saw my car in the same place it was when I left, went inside, asked the agent if my car was done.  He looked at the paperwork, embarrassed and said they had not worked on it yet.  He then went outside, drove it into the garage and 20 minutes later I was driving out of the parking lot with my wheels aligned for free. 

When I got home, Cory was finished checking our boiler but informed us that we would need a need battery and remote for our fireplace.  It would cost 80 bucks, so the money I saved at the tire place was now going towards a new remote.  Cory finished up, Evie left for the afternoon to get her hair trimmed and do some errands in Lakewood.  I had a lunch of vegetable soup and a bagel with peanut butter because the cream cheese had mold.  For some reason, this happens quite often.  Anyways, I had an easy and healthy lunch, watched NARCOS, then read and took a nap.  When I awoke, Evie was still out shopping, so I watched another NARCOS, one episode to go, the went out for walk in the Victoria/Woodlawn woods.

A Bit Of Green
I took my time, enjoying the going, taking some photographs and was gone for close to 40 minutes.  I was home about 10 minutes when Evie drove in after her marathon afternoon. 

Colors Of Autumn
Around 5:00, we relaxed with a glass of wine and Evie started putting together our dinner, which she had started in the morning.  We were having chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli, with a Marsala simmer sauce from Trader Joe's.  It's one of our easy, go to meals that we really enjoy.  We had it with yogurt, a salad and some Naan.  We watched the usual, some baseball, news, and two Curb Your Enthusiasm before bed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...