Monday, November 27, 2017

On The Road To Ohio

Tommy And Family, Thanksgiving, 2017

KC Thanksgiving, 2006, With Both Tom And Jill's Families
We both were up early, even Tom because the three of us want to be on the road early.  Evie and I are heading home, with an overnight stop in Ohio and Tom is flying to Ft. Lauderdale this morning at 8:00 on business for two days.  It's been a fun three days with Tommy and his family and good timing because both Nick and Tommy have to leave today.

Yesterday I was up for a couple of hours before anyone stirred.  I don't blame them for sleeping in, just wish I could once in a while.  Once everyone was up, we talked about when to make dinner, a family favorite, Mary's spaghetti and meatballs.  Tom, Nick and I had picked up most of the ingredients yesterday, ground beef and pork, tomato paste, and pasta.  Unfortunately, we forgot the parsley for the meatballs, so I volunteered to drive to Hy Vee.  It's ten minutes away, an easy drive, and I was in and out in ten minutes, picking up some mini nutty buddies for Evie, her favorite.  When I got home, everyone was busy, putting together the meatballs, simmering the tomato sauce, then frying the meatballs.  Mary and Evie made the meatballs, Tommy browned them, and I watched.

Bella, Our Little Einstein
Around 11:00, Evie and I drove off to the stores.  I wanted to check out Dick's for some sweatpants and found some that seemed long enough at half price.  It's nearly impossible to find any in a tall which makes me wonder how any basketball players find sweat or running pants.  Evie found a few things at TJ Maxx's, no pillows this time and we stopped at Hallmark to pick up some paper for Marlena's school project.

Marlena And Bella
When we got home, Evie helped Marlena with her project, Mary cleaned up the kitchen and because it was such a nice day, I washed my car, getting it ready for our trip home.  When I was finished, I helped Tommy and Nick with the leaves in their backyard, raking and putting them in paper bags.  We were out there close to an hour, finishing up the backyard.  We then came in and watched the depressing first half other Kansas City Chiefs game.  At halftime, we took a timeout to have our spaghetti and meatball dinner.  Needless to say, we loved it, the meatballs were done perfectly and the sauce has a sweetness to it which all of us like.  We then watched the rest of the game, the Chiefs losing to the Buffalo Bills.  After it was over, Tom and I went outside to finish up a few leaves and Evie and Marlena went up to the playground with Bella.

By 6:00, we were watching some more football, then part of the Miss Universe contest before deciding on a movie all of us would like called GIFTED. Before the movie, however, we had to have more spaghetti and meatballs, for Nick and me, and Evie made her #1 son, a healthy salad.  The movie was cute and predictable, perfect for a family, with only one f-word.  We ended the night with mini ice cream cones as Marlena had to get to bed because she gets up around 6:00 to get ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...