Monday, November 20, 2017

Blue Sky Monday In Dallas


Relaxing With Her Baba

School Ready
It's 7:20 and I am sitting here in the living room, listening to Morning Joe waiting for Marisa to rise and shine.  Rami left to work out before I got up at 6:00 and just returned, to shower and head to work.  Beth has been up since 7:00, making Marisa's lunch and feeding Cody.  It looks like a perfect day, clear skies and cool in Texas.  It's 8:30 and I am just back from taking Cody on his morning constitutional.

Yesterday was a lazy day for all of us especially me, as I hardly rose off the couch, not sure why.  It was a Sunday, a day of rest.  We all got up at different times, Rami and me first because he was golfing with clients at a local country club, then dinner early afternoon, and the Dallas Cowboys game last night.  So he was off by 9:00 as Beth and Evie got up but Marisa slept in, catching up on all the sleep she lost during the week.  No special breakfast as all of us are into healthy eating.  Marisa finally got up and Beth rewarded her with French toast.  I have to admit it looked good but I stuck with my plain yogurt, granola, chia seeds, and blueberries. 

The Gymnast
We just hung out in the morning, my only break was to take Cody out for a morning walk, a beautiful morning with people just arriving for church.  The neighborhood was quiet, no one seemingly up and out unless they were already at church.  Around 1:00, Beth, Marisa and Evie drove off to the local theater to watch WONDER, a movie made from the book which we had given to all our granddaughters a few years ago.  I passed it up, too lazy and I ended up taking a good hour and a half nap, one of those naps where you are absolutely, utterly out of it.  I woke somewhat refreshed and started to watch the Chiefs loss to the lowly Giants.  Rami returned about 3:00, having decided to skip dinner and just attend the Chiefs game.  Around 4:00, I got a text from Evie, wanting to know if I wanted to go shopping with them.  That was one of the reasons I did not go to the movie.  I did not want to go shopping and ruin their experience by my impatience with their quest to find the perfect thing.

Happy At Hopdaddy's 
I was excited about dinner because we were going to a local burger joint which both Evie and love called Hopdoddy, less than a mile from their home.  We drove over because Rami had to get back to catch an Uber to the Dallas Cowboys game.  Like many fast food restaurants, we waited in line, got a numbered table, ordered out burgers, fries, and beer, sat down at our table, and in five minutes, a waitress brought our dinner.  It's the home of what has become my favorite burger, a bison burger with apple smoked bacon, blue-black cheese, Frank's hot sauce and sassy sauce,   It's a busy place, as there was a line to order the entire time we were there. 

We were home by 7:00, so Rami could get to the game.  We then sat around on our devices, as Beth quizzed Marisa on her French and I watched some football.  We finally got bored with football and watched Saturday Night Live from the previous night.  As usual, it was very political and funny.  We didn't head upstairs until close to 11:00, as we seem to be getting back into our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...