Tuesday, November 15, 2016

An Edward Munch Morning Sky...Perfect


7:17 - Evie's Photo Taken From Her Living Room Chair

7:19

7:24

7:30

Chautauqua Lake's Scream
Edward Munch's 'The Scream'(sold last year for 120 Million Dollars)
It's a cold 29º morning, and I was up at 6:00, ready for the day, as I popped out of bed, turned on the coffee, walked outside to take a photograph of the super moon in the western morning sky but there was not enough light to make it blog worthy.  It's now 7:30, Evie's up and we both have been running outside to take a photo of the morning sky, always interesting when clouds are in play.

Yesterday was a typical autumn day for 2016, sunny and unseasonably warm.  It may be the last as I mentioned yesterday; snow is coming over the weekend.  Anyways, I was a busy boy yesterday, with a good yoga class at 9:30, lots of new poses because our leader had attended a workshop over the weekend and she always comes back with new things.  I like that.  After yoga, it was coffee, then Home Depot to return something, Wegman's for food, Key Bank for money, UPS to mail a package, and Hogan's for gas. Whew.  I was home just after noon and wanted to get something done before lunch so I went outside and attached some twine to our trees and staked them straight for the winter winds.  I then got out the vacuum and got our Outback ready for our trip to Kansas City on Thursday. I was done with these chores by 1:00 and had a lunch of homemade veggie soup which Evie had made that morning and a cheese sandwich, grilled on our new stove.  I watched some Sports Center, then read my newest George Pelecanos novel, RIGHT AS RAIN, set in Washington, D.C. and I still am not sure if I have read it before or not.  Whatever, I am enjoying it.

Around 3:00 I found my mojo and went back outside to get some planting done.  We had picked up 25 tulip bulbs at Home Depot so I spent an hour planting them around our house, digging through some dirt but mostly gravel and stones, not fun.  And I did some mulching, gathered it and put it around more of our plants.  By 5:00, I had enough and came in and Evie and I relaxed with a glass of wine, waiting for the Super Moon to rise.

6:11 PM

6:14 PM
There was a cloud cover so we did get some interesting photographs although not much of the moon but we were able to get some good photos on Monday evening.  Dinner was easy, the leftover chili over pasta with a salad and we both enjoyed it, wondering why we don't eat chili this way more often, Cincinnati style I think.  We did not want to start a new series so we channel surfed, watched a Vice News, a new episode of Divorce, and some junk TV before going up to read.

And today is a special day, our  youngest daughter Jill's birthday.  Fortunately, we were able to see her and her family early in the month which was great.
Jilly Bean And Family This Past Summer

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom and Evie. We're going to see the Avett Brothers tomorrow night in Akron. 7th row center. Can't wait. We started watching Vice news from your recommendation and have been enjoying it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Avett Brothers concert is great. They are now one of our favorite groups, thanks to you guys. Later, TD and Evie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...