Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Rising Sun

6:02
6:13
I was up just before 6:00, lots of light out on the lake, as the sun started to rise about 6:10.  Once again it's a calm, windless morning on the lake, the only sound of geese honking.  But now, at 6:55, the sun is hidden behind clouds, the blue lake now gray.  My weather station says it's 46º but the Weather Channel says it's 36º.  They are usually pretty close.

Blending Into The Landscape
Yesterday began as it always does, with coffee, photos of the sunrise, writing my blog, then, if I have time and the weather cooperates, I go out for a paddle, which I did yesterday morning, plan to do this morning as the lake is perfectly calm.  I paddled over to Long Point, always a good destination and back to Whitney Bay, paddling home slowly close to the shoreline looking for ducks.  I was out for forty five minutes, then came in, finished the blog with Evie and drove off to Lakewood, to another good Yin yoga class.  We finished the class with 15 minutes of Legs Up The Wall which I really like. I stopped at the bank, got cash for our trip, stopped at Ryder's for a coffee, then headed home.

Evie was busy getting  ready for our trip, as there is always lots to do, getting both the house and the yard ready, and deciding what to bring on a trip.  At least we know it will be mostly warm, no snow gear and boots.  Lunch was the last of the cauliflower soup and toasted cheese (with Grape Jelly) and I watched some of Sunday's NBA basketball game.  Evie was at sixes and sevens in the afternoon, getting little done, so she drove off to get errands done in Lakewood, and stop at both Sam's and Wegman's, picking up a few things for our trip.  I read, took a nap, and got the little things done which are always part of a trip, cancelling the paper, putting a hold on our mail, things like that.  And I spent another half hour watering, using water from the lake, via a sump pump.  We want to make sure our new two new trees and new grass seed are well watered before we leave.

Evie got home around 5:00, exhausted as usual from shopping too much, and I helped unload the car and put things away.  We both fell on to our couch with a glass of wine, happy to see the end of day, wine time, a time to relax.  For dinner, Evie had a hankering for brats and sauerkraut and earlier in the day, she made a German potato salad, which she warmed up as the brats were browning.  Dinner was great, lots of sauerkraut and mustard on a couple of brats and what could be better than sweet and sour potatoes with bacon.  We binged on 30 Degrees in February, at times wondering why we were staying with it, at others we could not wait to see what happens next.  This particular series is apt to end each episode with a crisis, so we cannot wait to watch the next episode.  I think we are getting tired of mucho crises.  I was exhausted by the end of the three episodes and couldn't wait to get upstairs to read.

Paddling  Towards Bemus Bay
I just got back from a great paddle, to Long Point and then Booty Bay under a rapidly clouding sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...