Saturday, May 7, 2016

And The Weekend Begins With Sunshine


6:50
7:27
A Quiet Morning Kayaking On The Lake 
Well, I slept in, sort of, until 6:40, missing the sunrise.  At the moment, sun is filling our living room, as it has risen above a cloud bank over Long Point.  It's 43º, the wind is starting to pick up and it looks like we have a fine day ahead of us.  When I walked outside to take a morning photo, I heard the hoot of loons off in the distance, melodious in contrast to the honking of geese.

I began yesterday with a quick paddle over to Long Point and back and it was a good thing I went so early, as it got really windy the rest of the day.  I love being out early, as usually I am the only one on the lake, at least this early in May.  Once June gets here, it will change as the bass boats will begin their roar, charging around Long Point, off to find the sweet spots of the lake.  Yoga was back to normal, as Julie, our teacher, is back from her 6000 mile trip to many of the great parks in the West. Talking to her made me want to jump in my car and take off except that the Sandhill cranes of Kearney, Nebraska, have flown South.  In late March, early April, hundreds of thousands can be seen on the river.  Julie and her husband have already made reservations for next spring.  After yoga,  I stopped for a coffee, said aloha to the regulars and came home, after a quick stop at the bank ATM.

When I got home, Evie was in the yard, would spend the rest of the day out there, weeding, turning the flower beds, and late afternoon, cutting two yards.  I got tired watching her.  Before lunch, however, I did help some, doing some digging and turning of the soil, making our flower beds look as if we had mulched them.  We tend not to like mulch, especially its smell.  I had leftover pot roast  for lunch, the third time in four days I have had it.  Still tasty.  And I returned to Game Of Thrones for an hour.

Early Evening Sunset
8:09 PM
Late afternoon, I went out and helped Evie with the weeding, mostly of dandelions which tend to cover our yard. There's something comforting about pulling weeds, seeing them pop out of the ground.  By 6:00, we both showered after a hard day in the yard and settled down to a glass of wine, our bodies sore but happy.  We did not need to fuss for dinner, as Evie had pulled some frozen lasagna she had made earlier out of the freezer, heated it, made a salad and dinner was ready around 7:00.  We watched a couple more episodes of our Swedish series, 30 Degrees in February, and I turned on the Cavs game at the right time, just as they were overcoming a six point deficit in the last 8 minutes.  They were actually fun to watch, spirited and high fiving, as Lebron would dunk and Kyrie would hit many 3 pointers.  They won going away, a good way to end the evening if you are a Cavs fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...