Friday, May 6, 2016

Here Comes The Sun


5:55
6:17
6:20
A bright, welcoming morning after too many cloudy sunrises.  It' 43º, a nice chill out, a calm, wrinkled lake, mist or fog hangs over the east shoreline.  Birds are busy, chirping, making their nests.  It's nice to see mood changing blue skies again, a good way to start the day.

CLA Cleaning Up The Lake
Yesterday started with a false start, as I paddled out in my kayak, only to be called back by Evie, telling me I was supposed to be at breakfast.  So I got to breakfast late, but I made it.  Four of us were there, the first time for Joe, who just got back from Florida.  We talked about Trump, of course, and the problem with heroin in Jamestown, like many cities across the US.  In March, we were told 13 people died of heroin overdoses, but we don't ever read about it in the paper.  Obits are reluctant to mention that as a cause of death.  Sad, tragic, with no solutions in sight because heroin seems to be easy to get and cheap.  It was not a very upbeat breakfast, a Trump candidacy and a terrible epidemic of drugs.

Afterwards, I had another good yin yoga class, lots of people, one other guy, and I then stopped at my car guy once again, to reset the ABS light.  It took a half hour because a wire was loose; thankfully, he did not charge me for fixing it.  When I got home, lunch was set out for me, hot dogs and cauliflower soup.  And Evie was ready to drive to Lakewood for a workout and a hair cut in the Mall.  She was gone a good part of the afternoon, as I did my usual, read, napped, watched the Golden State game, and worked outside.  By the way, we just received the Shutterfly photo album of last summer which Evie created a few weeks ago.  It's great, of course, filled to the brim with pictures of our children and grandchildren.

A Walk In The Woods
Blue Bells?
Around 5:00, I decided to get up off my couch, a task, and went for a walk in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods for the first time since we returned from South Carolina.  The trees are budding but still show little leaf and the floor of the forests are starting to green but it's still mostly covered with dead fall and brown leaves.  I did come across a couple of pairs of ducks, on the creek, on a small pond.  I assume they must be wood ducks.  And patches of the early blue flowers, bluebells, were scattered throughout the woods.

6:21 PM
When I returned, we enjoyed a glass or two of wine while the leftovers from the past couple of days heated up, the stuffed portabella mushroom and the pot roast with mashed potatoes.  I of course loved the pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, even better than before.  We watched the next episode of The Americans, then a couple of episodes of our new go to series, 30 Degrees in February.  It's nice to have a series we enjoy to look forward to each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...