Tuesday, May 17, 2016

More Rain, Clouds, And Chilly Weather

Dinner At P. F, Changs, Country Club Plaza

Rainy Morning In Lee's Summit
I am sitting her at 7:15, Marlena is off to school,  Tom's upstairs getting ready for work, and the rest of the gang are still asleep.  It's gray, chilly (48º), and wet out, just like yesterday but tomorrow, when we head off to Arkansas, it's supposed to be sunny, of course.  Nick graduation is tonight at 7:00, but it's inside a mega church in Independence so the weather should not matter.

Yesterday was a day to hang out, really, not much on the proverbial plate of life.  We got Marlena off to school early, and that was it for the morning until about 10:00.  Evie and Mary had their coffee and were ready to head off to the gym to workout.  I took my Outback in to the local dealer because I was due an oil change.  The attendant looked at my car's record on the computer, said my visit for an oil change and tire rotation was free, which surprised me but also pleased me.  I waited just about an hour for my car, talking with a guy who was complaining about the mileage on his Subaru, how it did not measure up to the advertised miles per gallon.  I then drove home, stopped at Dicks Sporting Goods to see if there was anything on sale that I might want.  There wasn't.  And I came home and our grandson, Nick, had finally risen, his first morning post high school.  I then got a call from the Subaru dealer.  He had made a mistake, and I my oil change was not free.  He did just charge me for a oil change, saving me around 75 bucks on a new filter and tire rotation.  So all was not lost.

Marlena, A Burgeoning Lacrosse Player
The rest of the day was a blur, as we just hung out with the family.  I had pork tacos for lunch, Nick went off to the gym for a workout around 2:00, and Evie and Mary, showered after their workouts, organized some stuff,  and got dressed for dinner at P. F. Chang's, at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.  Before heading off, we sat around, watched some TV, read, and I even took a nap. Because of the weather, I was not able to get in a walk.

We met Tom at P.F. Chang's around 5:45, on a still wet and cloudy day.  The restaurant is always welcoming and Nick could not wait to sit down and order lettuce wraps, his favorite.  The restaurant was half full on a Monday, the food good, as we ordered five different dishes and shared them. We even had some leftover, to take home, perhaps a good lunch for me.  We were home by 8:00, just in time to sit down and watch the NBA game between Golden State and Oklahoma City. We sat around for the next three hours, either watching the game, playing games on our iPads or browsing the Internet.  It turned out to be a good game, one worth watching, as the Warriors were upset.  We went to bed at 11:00 though Nick was still out with buddies, at a friend's house.  I remember those days of going to bed before your kids were home.  It was difficult at first but got easier and easier as we got tired of waiting up.

This morning, we are taking Nick into Kansas City to visit the WW I Museum, then out to lunch, a good thing to do on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...