Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mixed Messages


6:24
I was up at 6:20, just missed the sunrise.  And so far, it's been sunny, then cloudy, as the fickle weather gods seem unable to make up their minds.  And it's been that way all week, forecasting sunshine but we get rain.  Today, it might rain, might not.  What is the use of predictions?  Of forecasting? No paddle this morning, as either I am not in the mood or the lake, the sky are just not tempting enough to get me up off the couch.

Yesterday, however, I was out on the lake by 7:45, eager to paddle over to Long Point, to Booty Bay and home, a fine way to start my day.  This morning, it's bah humbug.  Anyways, after yesterday's paddle, I went to yoga, to a class of two, just Janice, me and Julie.  So we got to decide what we wanted to do, always a problem because I would rather just be led but I suggested  the Sun Salutation, which totally flummoxed Julie, her plans for the morning, but she recovered and we had a good class.
I had no need to stop, so I came straight home on what was supposed to be a sunny day but there was a light drizzle as I drove home.  Evie was out cutting the lawn, hoping to get it cut before the rain which only threatened but never really came.  So by noon, the yard was done, Evie was happy and it was lunch time, always a highlight for me.  When you are retired, meals are always a big part of the day.  I had the leftover brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad and watched some of the Golden State NBA game, as Stephen Curry returned.

Late Afternoon Visitors
The rest of the afternoon was a wash for both of us, as the packing and getting ready was getting to be too much, so we said the heck with it and did little, getting a few things done, leaving much of our work for today, not that there's that much to do.  Just little things like packing a suitcase, tidying up the house and yard, then packing the car.  Traveling is such sweet sorrow, as we love to see our families but it's hard to leave our lake home.

For dinner, Evie fried up some eggplant, grilled a couple of Italian sausages, added a pasta sauce and we had dinner, with a salad.  Easy but good, especially the eggplant.  We decided to binge watch 30 Degrees in February, finishing  the first season and starting the second, which had a couple of big surprises.  I am back into it, after getting a little bored with it.  And I finished my basketball book and started a new John Hart, REDEMPTION ROAD which came out May 3rd.  He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...