Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Waiting Patiently For The Snow Storm

7:49
Finch Gaze
It's almost 8:00 and I have been up since 6:35, waiting for it to get light so I could see what it looked like outdoors.  We expected 5-8 inches of snow overnight but hardly an inch fell to yesterday's five inches.  Later today, perhaps, we may get that snow but nothing is certain in the world of weather prognostication. It's cold and gray out, a typical winter looking day here at Chautauqua Lake, a chilly 19º at the moment.  And we have been fortunate so far, as north of us, in Fredonia, Dunkirk and Westfield, schools were closed as well as some roads, even Interstate 90 for awhile.

Yesterday, despite the cold weather, was a full class of yoga.  Everyone, I suppose, wanted to get out and do something after the weekend.  And the skies were clear, just very cold out.  Class was fine, nothing too difficult as its more stretching and restorative on Mondays, the kind for old men like me. Afterwards, I drove home and Evie was ready for her workout because the snow was forecast to start mid afternoon. She had spent a good hour with Sirius radio successfully transferring our lifetime membership  to Sirius Radio on to our new car.   Around noon, she proposed meeting me at the Keystone Garage, letting me drop off my Pilot to get worked on, then driving me home before she worked out, so I could enjoy some afternoon at home, a very good wife and suggestion.

I had a lunch of leftover eggplant pasta, and watched the pundits talk about who was going to win the football game last night.  Evie came home refreshed from her workout  and I then drove into Jamestown at 3:00 for my favorite treat, a teeth cleaning, where they always find something expensive to talk to me about doing in the next month or two.  Advice to the millennials...don't forget to floss every day.

It was cold most of the day so we stayed inside the rest of the day, huddled on our couches, with blankets, more for security than to keep us warm.  We enjoyed a glass of wine before dinner, listening to Julie Mason on Potus, our favorite news station on Sirius.

We had the chicken and biscuits again, just enough for the two of us though we both could have easily eaten more biscuits they were so good.  We then settled in for a couple more episodes of Making A Murderer, occasionally checking out the football game. Both of these episodes were less compelling than the  first four because most of it was shot in the courtroom, as Stephen Avery was now standing trial for murder.  We both commented on how the various individuals in this documentary were perfect for their roles, as if a casting director picked them 10 years before shooting.  The defense lawyers, the liberal press, all appear well dressed, attractive, yuppie like whereas the defendant, his family, and the law enforcement officers mostly appear dumpy, blue collar, unhealthy, poorly educated.  I know I am painting this contrast with a wide brush and there are some exceptions but it is mostly accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...