Friday, January 22, 2016

A Beautiful Morning Sky


7:18

7:23
7:55
I was up at 6:30, as the sky was beginning to glow with orange along the horizon.  A noticed a couple of lights out on the dark lake and assume it was ice fishermen, the first of the year.  I checked the ice two days ago and there's no way I would trust it.  It's now 8:00 and I don't see anyone out there.

Yesterday was another snowy day, snowflakes during the day, a dusting overnight, enough to cover our car.  I decided to go to yoga at 10:00, a good class of Yin yoga, crowded as usual because it seems to be the favorite class of the week.  Even my general practitioner, a health fanatic, was there, grunting along with the rest of us.  When I got home, Evie had shoveled the drive and parking area and was out, taking advantage of the foot and a half of snow, cross country skiing along Woodlawn and into the campground.  It was a perfect temperature, around 20º and no wind.  She was out for a good hour, and I saw our neighbors, Jeff and Nancy, were also out skiing enjoying the morning.

Woodlawn
I had an easy lunch of vegetable soup and a bagel, with cream cheese and tomatoes, and watched another episode of TREME.  It's inconsistent so far, some episodes move the story along, others are a bore, as little happens.  Evie decided she needed to get another workout in, so she drove off to the YMCA, then stopped at Wegman's to pick up a few things, getting home around 3:30, just as I was enjoying a latte and finishing my book, DARK WATER RISING, a thriller by an African American writer Attica Locke, who has been compared to Dennis Lehane and Greg Iles, both writers I have enjoyed.
Woodlawn, Late Afternoon
Dusk In The Woods
Around 4:30, I decided I had to get some cross country skiing in, so I strapped on my skis and went bush whacking through the Victoria/Woodlawn woods for an hour.  It was  great to be out there, the sun beginning to set, a blue sky off to the West, a gray one to the East, the trees frosted with dollops of snow.  Nothing like the woods on a snowy day.
Victoria Woods
When I got home, Evie was putting together a  tried and true comfort food dinner from her childhood, Slovenian sausages from Asman's Meats, in Euclid, Ohio, and beans and potato soup.  Yum  I have been eating this ever since I started dating her back in 1960, only fifty five years ago.  We watched some political shows, which seem to be only able to talk about Donald Trump, so we switched channels and watched American Idol, a much better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...