Thursday, January 14, 2016

Another Snowy Morning


7:30
We are both up at 6:30, happy to be warm and cosy, with a cup of coffee and listening to Morning Joe.  Unfortunately, we did not win the lottery; all that daydreaming was fun but ultimately for naught.  It's 18º out and we had another six inches last night I would guess, with a couple more inches today.

We both ventured out yesterday despite the, at times, heavy snow.  I was out early to clear our parking space and clear off the car, something I will be doing in an hour before I drive to the Bemus Point Inn for breakfast.  As long as we take our time, the roads are fine.  Yoga was crowded, with four guys, perhaps a record for a class.  Wednesday yoga is the most difficult, so I struggled some and have been sore all day.  But it's a good kind of soreness, the kind that suggests you have been active, pushing yourself.  When I got home, Evie was ready for her workout, so she drove to Lakewood, dropping me off at Keystone to pick up my Pilot.  The guys gerry rigged a couple of things to save me lots of money, so I was a happy camper.

Before Evie left, she made me a couple of chicken salad sandwiches and with her home made squash soup, I had a nice lunch.  I am still unsure of what to watch on TV; nothing has taken the place of watching Longmire each afternoon for 45 days.  There are lots of possibilities; I just have to find the right one.  I tried Deadwood but was not taken with it.  Perhaps I ought to stick with it for a couple of more episodes.

Cross Country Skiing
My afternoon these days rarely change; watch some Sports Center, read, nap and wait for Evie to return from the YMCA.  I usually make some Turkish tea mid afternoon though yesterday I made a latte with our Bialetti Mocha Express Coffee Pot, a treat.  Around 4:30, I decided I needed some exercise so I strapped on my cross country skis for the first time this year and skied down to the campground, through it to the end, then back, and down to Victoria Creek, before heading home.  I was out for about forty five minutes, in 15º weather but was never cold because the wind had died down.

Our Neighborhood, Woodlawn. A Partly Frozen Lake

Long Point From Victoria Creek
Dinner was easy, just jump in the car and drive over to the Viking Club on the east side of the lake. We had not been there in months so it was good to be back on schedule, hitting it on Wednesday for Wings and Things.  When we arrived, there were three cars in the parking lot, not a very busy night.  Fortunately, the one couple we have gotten to know and really like, were sitting at the bar.  So we had a fun night talking with them, a few others straggled in during the next hour.  The one regular, who always sat in the same seat, was absent, in bad health we heard.  We stayed for an hour and a half, had the Viking Burger and a couple of beers and went home happy, the roads clear, the air extremely cold.  We were quick to get on our fleeces, get comfortable in our TV room and watch the next episode of MAKING A MURDERER.  We found out the verdict, not unexpected and now the nephew goes on trial for murder.  I don't think he will fare well since he confessed.  I was happy to get back to my book, THE DARK VINEYARD, by Martin Walker, set in France.  It's quite good and I  highly recommend it.  The series follows the crime solving of  Bruno Courreges, Chief of Police, in the small, but changing village of Saint-Denis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...