Thursday, January 7, 2016

A 5:30 AM Morning

6:55
7:00
7:28
It's now 6:30 as I begin my blog and another miracle has taken place; Evie is up as well, sipping her coffee, even talking!  It's still pitch black outside, with a crescent moon hanging over the southern sky.  I assume the skies are clear, the morning will be filled with sunlight.

We continue to have cold but sunny weather here at the lake, no complaints.  Our day didn't change much from what now seems to be our routine unless we break out of it, as we did Tuesday, and drive a distance for a hike in nature.  So, I was off to yoga at 10:00, a good class but I struggled with it and it was a Level II class.  Still, it was good to work at it, be part of a group, learn something, and relax at the end, and leave,  feeling refreshed, ready for the rest of the day.  When I got home, Evie was ready to drive to the YMCA for her workout, so we are like passing ships on the sea of retirement.  She did, however, make up a chicken salad for my lunch, and there's still lots of her vegetable soup left, so I was happy.

House Finch

And, the birds are back at our feeders. love it.

c
Gold Finch
Same Hungry House Finch
I read and took a nap until she returned home around 3:30.  By that time, I was tired of reading, sitting around, so I took a long walk through the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, tested the lake's ice to see if it would hold me.  It did, at least out to about 15 feet.  There's open water, however, in the middle of the lake, and we have yet to see any ice fishermen.

Long Point
Lake Frozen In Front Of Woodlawn
The McClure's had invited us for dinner, so there was no fuss, no prepping for dinner, just showering and getting dressed by 6:00.  It was a cold night but the roads going and returning were practically empty, one of the joys of living here in the winter---no traffic.  Linda out did herself for dinner, Chateaubriand stuffed with mushroom/onion/thyme mixture, portabello mushrooms over polenta, and a Caesar salad.  Needless to say, it was a better meal than we could have had at any restaurant.  In fact, from now on, we won't go out to eat.  We will just go to Linda and Ron's!  We stayed until 10:00, discussing the viability of Trump's campaign, and finishing our meal with a salted caramel gelato.  Another great winter evening in Chautauqua.

The Chefs
It's now just 7:00 and I am meeting my friends for breakfast at 8:00 so I have lots of time.  I have missed it the last month because of travels so it will be good to see those who are not in Florida again.  At the moment, Evie's on the front porch taking a photo of the slowly lightening sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...