Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Morning Fire and Ice


7:27 
8:00
I was up at 7:15, to a blood red slash of sky which has since disappeared to a cloud cover.  So at the moment, there's not much of a sunrise because of the clouds.  It's 28º out, will get up to the 40's, perhaps with some rain. And the Canadian geese are still hanging out on the open water because I can hear their honking off in the distance.

Huddling Geese
Thursday was a carbon copy of the previous two days, with yoga for me at 10:00, again, a good class, then coffee, where I was able to pick up a tee shirt, and I then stopped at the $9.00 car wash, getting rid of the salt.  It was a sunny morning, so it was refreshing to be out and about, not worrying about the weather.  The effect of sunshine is not overrated.

Seagulls in Flight

Gaggle of Geese
When I got home, Evie was already off to the Y and a big shopping day, hitting TJ Maxx and Bon Ton for a deal, always a deal.  I put together some chicken salad, warmed up soup, and had lunch and watched some TV.  I then read some, took an early nap since I was up at 5:30 and then read some more, waiting for Evie to get home.  Around 4:00, she returned, with only a bag or two, no great deals, nothing exciting, just bed sheets.  And nothing for me.

The Sky From Kinney's Field
At 4:00, I needed a dose of the outdoors, so I walked the woods, crossed the creek, and explored the Kinney fields, before walking home along Kinney's Run.  The sun was still bright in the Western sky, the woods filled with tracks of various animals, mostly deer I assume.  I was out for a good hour, enjoying the late afternoon sun.

Woodlawn Creek
We had a relaxing preprandial cocktail hour, with various cheeses, crackers and apples, so we could say it was a healthy.  Dinner was leftover pork with Evie's special mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes with sour cream and stuffing, reminding her of lunches at Mill's Cafeteria in downtown Cleveland in the 1950's.  Unfortunately, I misheard Evie say to turn the oven on to 300º and put it at 350º and the meat turned out like shoe leather.  We did have a salad and brussell sprouts and the stuffing and potatoes were great so dinner was not an entire loss.  We watched the first episode of American Crime, a series we enjoyed from last year. And it's just as good this year, just a different story centered on a prep school, it's successful basketball team, and a rape case.  It will be interesting to see how the school handles it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...