Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Top Of The Morning

6:36
6:42

7:05
Up at 5:30 because I have a routine doctor's appointment in Erie with a cardiologist closer to the lake than the one I have been seeing in Hudson for years.  So, I have to leave by 7:30 to get to Erie in time.  After my appointment, weather permitting, I hope to go to Presque Isle, only fifteen minutes away, take a bike ride, maybe jump in Lake Erie and have some lunch before heading home.

Yesterday was not much different from the rest of the past couple of weeks, not a lot of variety during the day, though we have been having some fun nights this past weekend.  Today I went to yoga and was one of two in our class.  It's strange that Monday's overflowing and Tuesday is hardly attended though both classes would be appropriate for  all students. Both classes are good, neither too difficult, just one has a teacher who has been in the studio for years, the other is fairly new.  I enjoy both classes.  After class,  I went to Ryder's Cup for coffee, brought my computer along to see if it acts any different in another wifi spot.  It seems slow at home and I wanted to see if it was my Wifi or computer.  It definitely seemed faster at the coffee shop, so  I will have to see whether it's my aging computer or Wifi.

For lunch, I had tuna on homemade bread, with my zucchini soup.  This time I heated up the soup rather than having it cold.  We both did some reading in the afternoon, watched some basketball as the US was playing Slovenia, not much of a game after the first half.   I got tired of sitting in the house reading, so I took an hour kayak paddle, over to Toms Point, then back along the shore line to Woodlawn.  It was an overcast day, lots of gray clouds, a slate gray lake but it felt good to be on the lake and the wind had died down.  When I returned, Evie was cutting the lawn, even though it was very humid and warm.  She came in after cutting the lawn, soaked, almost nauseous but after some water she was fine.  I then walked the Woodlawn/Victoria loop and managed to work up a sweat in a half hour, that's how humid it was.

Neither one of us felt like doing anything for dinner so we ordered a pizza from Andriaccio's  and I picked it up at 7:00, along with a Caesar salad.  We were both anxious to see the end of The Killing so we put it off for an hour, watching Stewart and Colbert.  We were not sure they could wrap up the the story lines in an hour but they did it, and the ending after three seasons was about the best ending I have seen to any series, appropriate, what we hoped for but didn't realize it, touching and yet not sentimental. It both closes the door but leaves it open. Wow.  Holder and Linden rock.  The ending makes up for some gratuitous violence earlier in the episode, scenes that modern series treat as if they are a 'must.' They ought to remember what the Greek  tragedies taught us: violence is hinted at but always occurs off stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...