Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumnal Equinox Brings Rain And Cold (Sierra Hull To Play at Beachland Ballroom on November 20th, in Cleveland, Ohio)

8:00 AM
7:10 In The Evening
6:42 Early Evening
Both Evie and I slept in until 8:00, a near miracle for me.  I woke at 5:00, thought about getting up, thought I would see if I could get back to sleep and  viola, it was 8:00 when I woke.  Not a very nice day, gray on gray, wet, 43º outside, 58º inside so I turned on our gas fireplace for an hour, to warm the house up.

It was gray and wet early on Sunday, though it cleared up later in the day.  Evie and I decided to kayak in the morning despite the clouds, perhaps rain, a  good decision as it was a perfect  day to kayak, not too hot, the lake easy, the clouds, even though gray, energizing as we paddled to Tom's Point, then back along the shoreline to Woodlawn.  No matter what the sky, it's always exciting to be on the lake, surrounded by water and sky.

When we returned, the sun peaked out for about a half hour, so Evie bundled up and went out on the dock to enjoy the sunny weather.  A half hour later, it clouded up and she came in, made our traditional breakfast, then decided to make chocolate chip cookies, to take to Nick and Marlena in KC this week.  Of course, I got to sample some.  After the cookie making, it did clear up again, and Evie went out to enjoy the sun and blue skies, and I stayed in long enough to watch both the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns lose, a typical Sunday around here.  Around 4:00, I went out to enjoy the sun with Evie, then both of us decided to jump in the lake, despite the cool weather.  I won't say the water was warm, but once we were in it, it felt amazing, cold but not yet bone chilling.  After the dip, Evie went in to get dinner organized, and  I went for a quick bike ride but the heavy winds beat me back so that I was only on the road for about a half hour.  It's no fun peddling into a thirty mile an hour wind.
7:03 pm
7:05 pm
We relaxed before dinner with some wine and cheese and crackers, as the sky was particularly colorful, changing from minute to minute, sending both Evie and I out to take picture after picture, as you can see.  We had leftovers for dinner, cabbage borek, pork, and salad, satisfying and easy, and we watched some TV shows which I cannot remember.  We were both tired, in bed and asleep by 10:30.
Tom's Point and Ellery Farm 6:19 pm
Today, we get packed and ready for our trip tomorrow, stopping in Effingingham, IL, on Tuesday night, arriving at our son Tom's home in Lee's Summit, MO, around 3:00.  We cannot wait to see the entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...