Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mostly Fog

6:20
The Lake And Me
Up at 6:20 and surprise, a heavy fog, the steam rising off the lake, moving slowly along the coast. Not a morning to be out fishing and all I can hear are the caws of the crows, the rest of the morning is silence.  No wind, a cool 45ยบ and it's supposed to get down in the 30's tonight.

Yesterday was another classic almost fall (three more days) day.  Warm, sunny, no wind, a lake smooth with only a few wrinkles.  I went to yoga at 10:00, a tough class and I came home sore from some of the asanas, but it's a good kind of sore.  When I got home, Evie was out kayaking and I decided to kayak as well because it was so inviting.  I found her paddling along Long Point and we then headed to Wells Bay and home.  A few fishing boats, a ski boat early in the morning and that was about it for a weekday in September.

In the afternoon, Evie had to drive to Mayville, to shop, get her driver's license renewed, and a doctor's appointment, not the kind of afternoon she wanted on such a nice day.  While she was away, I read some on the dock, got the boat ready to put away today.  Evie did not get back till 4:00.  I then went for  a walk, around the campground, empty of people, but I was surprised by the number of permanent modular homes, many landscaped as well as homes in a nice neighborhood.  Maybe its always been that way and I haven't walked the campground in months, but I really noticed it this time.  I was gone for close to an hour, a nice afternoon for a walk, even if it was not in the woods.

For dinner, Evie made salmon with garlic spinach, with a salad, and we enjoyed it as we watched a couple more episodes of Stewart and Colbert, then the most recent episode of Masters of Sex, which we continue to lose interest in.  The story line seems blurred, the episodes are mostly dialogue, which I think I mentioned last week as well.  I am reading a new book called Moving Day, which I got free from Amazon.  I don't think I would have picked it up but since it was free, I downloaded it and its not bad, about grifters who take advantage of guys my age by pretending to be a moving crew one day ahead of the scheduled move, and steal the contents of the house. They meet their match, however,  in seventy two year old Holocaust survivor, Sam Peke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...