Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Early Morning Haze

6:12
6:16
6:17
Both of us are up before 6:00, alas, not a good start to a very busy day.  For some reason, this morning, with the heat, the high of today in the 80's, reminds me of a morning growing up on Lake Erie, the humidity in the air, the glowing sun, the haze that surrounds the trees, houses, and landscape.  Lot of projects for the day, so we better get cooking before it gets too warm.
Kayak Morning
Yesterday, we both expected to wiped out from our weekend, but surprisingly, we  or I should say Evie more than me, got quite a bit done.  We started the morning the right way, with a kayak paddle before 8:00.  It was a wonderful morning to be on the lake, a few fishing boats, one skier, and that was it for a Monday morning on the lake.  We were out for an hour before getting started on the day.  I went off to Lakewood and dropped my boat cover off to get more snaps put on; it should be ready today.  Then, I went to Wegman's to pick up a few things for last night's dinner.  Evie spent the morning getting organized for the week, refining lists.

I did some weed cutting before lunch, an omelet with a bagel, and watched Ray Donovan, back on the tube for  twelve weeks, what a tough guy! I read some after lunch, then went back out and relaxed on the dock, read, and around 4:00, I did some more cutting of the weeds, which are just starting to invade our swimming area.  While I was in the water, Evie cut the lawn, as rain is expected tomorrow.  She also cut some weeds and made a batch of Hanky Pankies.  Around 6:00, when we were both exhausted from the day, we sat out on the dock, with a couple of beers, salsa and chips, and enjoyed the relaxation which comes as the long day wanes.  For dinner, I cooked burgers out side and we had potatoes as well.  We watched the newest episode of Masters of Sex, still gripping and wonderfully acted,...Masters and Johnson are so believable that you forget you are watching television.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...