Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Foggy and Almost A Frost

7:20

8:20
Up at 7:15, slept in some, to a cold morning, 37º, a foggy lake, and now, lots of steam rising off to the south.  A clear day ahead, cool but sunny, a great day to take a walk or hike.

Yesterday was like most days here at the lake recently, filled with leisure, reading, just  plain enjoying the weather and the day.  We did get a walk in around the Chautauqua Institution, fairly busy because of an Elder Hostel program for the week.  We also stopped at the library, said hi to Deborah who seems very happy to be back in the off season mode.  I picked up the latest Daniel Woodrell novel, THE MAID'S VERSION.  I have read just about everything he has written except for Winter's Bone which was made into a great movie.

Mid afternoon, Evie did some errands in Lakewood while I read and watched some TV,  rare for me on an afternoon.   We usually don't turn the TV on till evening unless we watch S and C during lunch. We had one of my favorites for dinner (I know,  I have lots of favorites), home fries, bacon, eggs, and toast.  I don't know why it tastes so good, that combination, but it does.  Fortunately,  Evie makes it for me (eat your heart out, Walt) at least once a week, a lucky guy I am.  Mostly junk on TV last night, as we channel surfed, trying to find something worth watching.  And we have gotten in the habit of watching only shows that we have saved on the DVR so we can fast forward through commercials.  Now, when we watch a show on regular TV we go nuts because we have to sit through the amazing array, length and number of commercials.

Let's see what the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...