Sunday, December 2, 2012

And Most Have Gone Home on A Scottsdale Sunday

The Petkovsek Gang
Laure, Stacy and Jake





Elaine and Claire, Evie's sisters
Up too early, as I had a bad night, one of those nights where you want to make sure you are up the next morning in my case because I was taking Jill to the airport at 7:00.  So, I woke at 2:00 and kept waking up every half hour or so till 5:30 when I got up and made coffee.  I am not even sure how much I slept after 2:00 and my head was filled with silly things, none worth worrying about.  But I did.  Familiar?

Aunt's Becky and Denise with Sarah
Playing Canasta
We began yesterday with a drive to Chompies, the Jewish deli, where I dropped off Beth and Jill and they had breakfast with their cousins, a total of twelve I think.  I did buy a bagel with the works, cream cheese, lox, and red onion, took it over to my sister in law's house, and we had coffee and bagel while waiting for Costco to open.  Costco, of course, was packed, as it was a Saturday morning.  We did not linger, however, and picked up some beer and tequila and hamburger meat, a healthy threesome for last night's dinner.  We already had the ribs!

David and Robert, grilling burgers
We then went to my Dot's house, my mother in law, as Beth and Jill had not yet seen her condo.  Dot loves showing if off so they got the grand tour and the rest of us visited with Laura and her family.  We stayed about an hour, went back to our condo, relaxed for an hour, then went back to Claire's for the afternoon.  We hung outside around Claire' pool, then had an early dinner.  Her son David made some great ribs to go along with burgers, dogs, and Jean's Caesar salad.  We had sixteen as some had already headed home Saturday morning.  We had a relaxing, fun afternoon and early evening, as some watched football, others played canasta or played with the babies.  We got home around 9:00, all of us surprisingly tired from not doing much but visiting during the day.

Today is airport run day, as I take Jill at 7:00 and Beth and Evie's sister an her daughter at 2:00.  Laura and family will drive to Las Vegas leaving some time late morning.  We check out of our condo this morning and will spent tonight at Claire's house.  It will be a quiet night without our kids around,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...