Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Dusting of Snow on Roofs

7:45
A Touch of White

It's about 7:00, more black outside than gray, about 30 degrees, with a just enough snow to paint the roofs around here white though the ground, too warm I assume, remains snow less.  It's now 7:30 and the lake, eastern shore line, and small white blocks of houses have appeared.  Not much change in weather here, colder, wet, with either snow, sleet or rain for the next few days.  I am getting tired of taking the same old picture every morning of the lake and sky.

Yesterday was another bad day for Evie, as her cold either got worst or stayed the same, aches, cough, no energy, just feeling terrible most of the day.  She did manage to eat some dinner, a good sign so I hope today's better for her.  Neither of us have been sick in quite some time, clearly we have been fortunate.

I went in to Lakewood yesterday, to Eight Limbs, for Yin Yoga, the class I enjoyed most last winter, taught by Danielle.  It was all women, like before, and I recognized three or four faces.  It's emphasis is on a few poses but for extended periods of time.  I certainly felt it in my joints, especially my knees which are not very flexible, but it was good to return to becoming more aware of my body, my self.  I am right back where I was last May though, waiting for the class to end rather than focusing on the moment, on what I am doing, breathing and being 'mindful.'  After class, I stopped in at Ryder's Coffee, talked with Joyce, the proprietor, bought an Americano before shopping at Sam's and Wegman's for the week.

I relaxed most of the afternoon, as Evie dozed on and off,  or watched some TV.  I could tell she really did not feel well because she hardly used her IPAD.  We had rotisserie chicken, sprouts and baked potatoes for dinner and watched some TV, the penultimate episode of Homeland, pretty exciting, leaving us wondering how it will end, tie things up in an hour.  Clearly, Brodie has to live despite the hit man and I still think there's a mole somewhere in the CIA or FBI.  We will have to wait till Sunday. We also watched a couple of episodes of Parenthood.  It first appeared in 2010, and this is the fourth season on NBC. We are surprised it has not gotten more publicity or awards.  We highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back to yoga. Sorry Ev is feeling so crummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...