Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Bright Sunny and Cold Morning

7:24

7:48
It's now 8:30 and the sun is out, the sky blue with some clouds, 25 degrees, more like the Chautauqua mornings I love getting up to.  When I woke, about 7:20. there was only a streak of light off to the south, then the sun began to rise through the gray, just above the reeds near Giarizzo's.  It always amazes me how far south the sun moves this late in December, on its way to the winter solstice.  The lake looks ripe for kayaking, perhaps later after yoga.

Yesterday, I dropped my car off, at Schultz's Collision to have my car fixed.  Because I get a free loaner, Enterprise picked me up, took me to their office, and signed me up for a Dodge Avenger, pretty sporty!  I then went, since I was downtown, to the Labyrinth Press coffee shop for breakfast, a neat littte place I like to support .  Then, I stopped at Prendergast Library, picked up a couple of easy reads for winter break, a Tana French novel recommended by my sister Ellen, a couple of others.  Unfortunately, yoga was cancelled so I went home, took a walk around the campground for about forty five minutes.

Late afternoon, I had a doctor's appointment, but convinced Evie to take it because she was feeling worst, a good thing I did, as she was diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia.  She loaded up on pills, antibiotics, went home and I stayed because I had a later appointment, waiting in the depressing Mayville office, for over an hour before talking to the doctor about my blood tests.  Good news, cholesterol is way down, a result of generic litpitor and diet, I suppose, with seemingly no side effects.

The Mc Clures returned yesterday, so I went off to the Seezurh House with them for a dinner, as Evie stayed home, huddled in her blanket, trying to keep warm.  I felt guilty leaving her home but she convinced me to go.  Ron and I had the fish fry, Linda broiled lemon fish, we downed a pitcher of beer, and caught up on our travels over the Thanksgiving holidays.  It was fun to see them again and we hope to all go out on Thursday, if Evie feels better.  They head home on Saturday because they have been invited to an Xmas party at former Alcoa CEO and Treasurer Secretary Paul O'Neils mansion outside of Pittsburgh.  I cannot imagine why they would prefer this to chicken and biscuits at the Rod and Gun with us on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...