Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Else? Sunny, Partly Cloudy, Getting Warmer

6:16

Relaxing on the Lake

Lime Green Paint on House Next to Power Boat Club
Just got back from kayaking for about an hour, fishing as well, as I have decided to try my luck as I paddle.  None of course but it was fun to cast, to engage in what I call zen fishing, or goal less fishing, just enjoying the doing, not necessarily the catching or so I tell myself. I paddled over to Long Point, then north along the Long Point Beach, to Sunset Bay, then home again, home again, jiggety jig.  A few fishing boats out, but mostly quiet and solitary, as I go.  I arose at 6:15, the sun up, about 61 degrees, though it's going to get into the 80's later in the day.

Yesterday was another relaxing day, potsing around the house, doing little things to get ready for the kids.  Evie made a couple of meals to freeze, worked in the garden, and I cleaned and organized the garage, something I end up doing every other month, once it gets so bad I cannot get around.  It's like when you were a kid, you let your room go till it was untenable, so then you put everything down the clothes shoot, straightened it a bit and said you cleaned your room.  I also went in to Lakewood, to return bottles and cans, picked up some outdoor paints for 'rock painting day', and bought some fishing supplies for the girls.  As you can see, we are getting ready for the end of July.

For dinner, since Evie had made mega tons of meat balls for the next few weeks, we had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, along with a salad and local  sweet corn, quite good, from North East, PA.  I get it from the same guy, Jeremy, on Route 394 near the new Hadley House restaurant.  I finished another Joe Nesbo novel, THE DEVIL'S STAR, about another depressed detective, Harry Hole, Norwegian, not Swedish, like Kurt Wallander.  Hole's life is falling apart though he manages to survive, woo the girl, and catch the serial killer.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...