Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sunny and Ungodly Hot

6:20
Up at 5:30 though at first, I did not feel like kayaking as it was overcast.  So, I sat down, had my coffee and read on my computer for awhile but then, about 6:20, then sun burst through the clouds, so I jumped up (not really), got my paddle and life jacket and by 6:30 I was on our large pond, making my first difficult decision of the day, which way should I paddle.  I decided to head north, towards Snug Harbor, skimming along the docks of Woodlawn, the campground, Magnolia, to Whitney Bay, about thirty minutes, then headed back home, as the crow flies, which also took me thirty minutes though I thought it would take less time.  Going out I saw two guys fishing off of the Camp Chautauqua dock, one person dragging a kayak into the water but that's it.  No one seemed me be on their dock or front porch early, like me.  I guess for most people, a morning up here is a chance to sleep in.

6:30 kayaking
Yesterday was an exciting day, though it did not start out that way, as we began with shopping at Wegman's for our picnic today.   As I was waiting for Evie, I noticed a four piece wicker porch set on sale, 50% off.  So,  I sat down in the chairs to wait and found them comfortable as well as attractive.  Various people commented as I sat, wondering where the beer was, my wife, and this looked like a good place.  So, I showed it to Evie and she liked it as well.  We took the measurements, went home to see how it might fit, struggled mightily to decide whether to buy it or not, and finally gave in.  I drove back, got my extra senior day 5% off as well as half price and, in two trips, we had a new porch set.  A settee, two chairs, cushions and a coffee table.  It's seem to fit in well with our house, the wicker shades of brown, the cushions a light olive green.  The Leonards' and Evie spent a good part of the afternoon sitting on the porch, making place setting for today's party, as the Leonard's granddaughter, Isabelle, is excited about today.

Skiing at 7:30


We had an easy dinner of omelette's and quesadilla, watched some terrible TV and went to bed early to read, to get ready for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...