Monday, July 23, 2012

Full Albarrans!

10:45
Sunset
Up about 6:30 and Ramiro was already up planning his bike ride.  We sat and had coffee and he showed me this cool website for biking called MAPMYRIDE.  You can map out the ride you wish to take.  Today he was riding the north half of the lake.  He mapped it out, starting at Bemus, through Long Point, to Mayville via #426, past the CI and home.  It also shows you the elevation if you wish, so you can tell how steep the hills are.  It also keeps track of your rides and if you have an IPhone and heart monitor, which he does, it keeps track of the amount of energy you use, your heart rate, the force going up and down hills, as well as time.  And he mounts it on his bike, so he can check how he is doing as he rides. Finally, I could sit at home, go to the website, and because he I joined the site and friended him, I can watch his progress as he rides on a map on my computer.  Technology!  I rode with him from Bemus, through the park, to the end of Warner Bay and said aloha when he regained Rt. 426.  It took him about an hour and twenty minutes to round the lake, about 18 miles I think.
Picking Flowers for the Vases

So far, today's been a beautiful day, though warm even when I got up.  After my ride, I went for a swim and all the gang were making crispy creme donuts when we were gone.  They are about ready to start frying as I write.

Squeegeeing Windows

Albarrans Have Arrived



Yesterday, Mitch and I washed windows, to get ready for our guests and Evie cut the lawn, making our yard look great.  We put in one raft, the Leonards, who are letting us borrow it for the next week.  The Albarrans arrived about 2:30, an easy ride of seven hours.  We unpacked quickly and everyone seemed to fall into place, as if they had never left, Tyler playing the guitar, Rami on a computer, Beth talking with me, Evie and Marisa jumping in the lake.  Rami and I then watched Adam Scott lose the British Open to Ernie Els, a depressing event.  It is not fun to see someone lose a tournament on the last four holes.  We all went swimming, then, played on the rafts, did some swimming.  For dinner, I grilled Turkish koftes (meatballs) and we had them on pita squares, with tomato sauce, then yogurt, a Turkish specialty.  We also had sweet corn, ice cream cones, with sprinkles,  for dessert, and we played a game of SPUD to end a great day.  We stayed up talking, playing word games on our Ipads or  MacBooks and went to be around 10:30, as everyone seemed tired after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...