Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Haze

5:46
6:48

Evie and Mitch at Buffalo International Airport
Inflating the New Float


I was up at 5:40, to a warm morning, 70 degrees in the house, much warmer than usual, perhaps some rain later in the day.  No wind to speak up, a stillness and summer haze cover the lake and sky.  I sat on the porch for my coffee, then decided it was too nice out, so I went kayaking, assuming Mitch, my grandson would be sleeping in.  Of course, he got up just after I paddled off, so he missed an early morning paddle with me.  I went over to Long Point, meandered along the shore towards Warner Bay, casting my line every so often, getting nary a bite.  It was a still morning on the lake, a few fishing boats out, lots of clumps of weeds floating as I paddled, the sun hidden behind the shoreline or clouds during most of my ride.  I was out for about an hour, came home to Mitch and Evie, on their Ipads, enjoying the morning.

Yesterday, we picked Mitchell up at the airport at 12:45, an hour and a half ride up and back.  We stopped at Wendy's for lunch in Fredonia, to break up the ride, and at Lesecki's Farm Stand in Fredonia, getting fudge, corn, radishes, onions and orange baby plums.  We got home at 3:00 and Mitch and Evie got their suits on immediately and jumped in the lake.  Evie also had bought a new float at TJ's so they pumped it up, put it in the water, and played on it till it was time to make dinner.  

For dinner, Evie made chicken picata, brown rice, salad, and sweet corn, all great, especially the corn, which was sweet and tender.  We should have bought more.  We ate inside as it was till in the 80's outside and  finished eating around 8:00.  We had the peach pie(the best ever according to Mitchell), watched The Daily Show, an episode of Breaking Bad, our choices, then we watched You Have Talent before going to bed, Mitch's choice.  Everyone was tired after a long travel day, so we went to bed around 10:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...