Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fog Rising Off Lake on a Cool Morning

7:00


Up at 7:00 to a bright sun, fog rising off in the distance as the day begins.  Evie's beat me up (rose before me), rats!  It looks like another great day, perhaps a bit warmer than yesterday but nothing like last week.  As I sit writing this, I can feel the cool breeze coming in the window, a harbinger of a pleasant day.

I decided it was such a great morning that I had to kayak, so I went off to Tom's Point, fished a bit, then wound my way back, along Wells Bay and Victoria, snapping my fishing rod, unfortunately, as my lure was caught in a weed and I must have pulled too hard.  Stopped to talk with the Johnsons', who have a new lift and boat, one of the joys of an empty nest.  It took me twenty minutes to paddle to Tom's Point, though I was out over an hour, just dawdling on the way back.

Yesterday was a big shopping day for Evie, as she decided to get started on preparations for our kids, hitting Sam's, Wegman's and The Dollar store, for the treasure chest.  We try to stock up lots of items, and Evie wants two or three meals prepared and frozen before the kids come, so getting all of those goodies takes planning and work.  But, it will make the week easier when they arrive, so it's worth it. And I forgot to mention Evie picked up 18 gallons, 35 pounds of cooking oil, for Mitch, who loves making french fries and potato chips in our fryer.


After kayaking yesterday morning, I then went for a bike ride around Sea Lion Drive, to the Hartville Deli, where I picked up an Italian sub, threw it in my back pack,  then returned to Ron and Linda's at Lighthouse Point, where I parked my car (they are in Pittsburgh).  It was a perfect day for a ride, as I hardly worked up a sweat, though I pushed myself as I rode.


We enjoyed relaxing most of the afternoon, having a sundowner on the dock, coming in at 6:30 to make dinner, of salmon and garlic spinach, and I put together my new obsession, hash browns like the Diamond Grill.  I have it down to five minutes, to peel and grate, then another fourteen to fry them, but I have yet to get the seasoning quite right.  They were better yesterday then the previous so at least I am improving.  We decided to watch, again, the first season of Breaking Bad since the new season begins soon and we like having a series to watch.  I laughed quite a bit at the ineptness at the beginning, though I had forgotten about how violent it was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...