Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Windy and Wild Day

The wind has not stopped since I  got up and it's gusting at 45 miles as hour, according to NPR.  Gray and white, a typical Chautauqua day, as we get ready to travel tomorrow to Beth's in Darien, CT, for 10 days.  I have my list of things to do, crossed off most, so all I need to do is workout, visit the library, cancel the mail, and enjoy the day.  It's 36 degrees outside but not inviting for a hike or walk because of the wind and gray sky, alas.  And its only supposed to get colder and wetter, with the possibility of snow later in the day, a good day to sit back and read my book, THE IMPERFECTIONISTS by Tom Rachman, a series of vignettes set at an English speaking newsroom in Rome.  Each chapter reads like a short story and follows one of the journalists who work for the newspaper.  They intersect in various ways and we learn about their quirky but interesting lives.  I am getting more and more into it as it goes along.

It continues to be miserable outside, windy, wet, ice pellets, snow and rain, what else?  We worked out at the gym around lunch time, stopped at the CI library to pick up a couple of books I had on reserve, and came home for lunch, schnitzel sandwiches (just like at RC) and mercimek corba, yum.  Now it's getting the house and ourselves organized for our trip tomorrow.  I hope the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...