Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Saturday in Darien

A cooler day but sunny, as Evie and Marisa went off NYC to visit the Zoo in Central Park with Beth's neighbors, the Duffy's.  They left about 10:00 and I stayed back to work on my photo album on my computer.  I have been putting together a group of pictures to make a book for my Turkish friend, Ates, who took care of us when we were in Turkey.  Tyler's working on cleaning up the boat house, whose roof collapsed, the same thing he did last week.  At least it counts as credit towards his 20 hours of community service required of all sophomores.  Rami is off picking him up, about a 40 minute drive, as they are done for the day.  It seems like there is always someplace the kids must go.

Evie just returned from Central Park and they had a great time with the Duffy's.  The park was filled with people, walking, strolling, jogging, or just hanging out, and it was a nice day.  They went to the zoo as well as just enjoyed the park.  Beth and Rami have gone off to a mall, an early movie, and dinner.  Tyler and Brian went over to Niko's, a buddy from town, and I spent most of the day working on my photo books and watching the NCAA tournament, a very lazy day for me.  Dinner for us looks like Chinese take out as no one feels like cooking.  Marisa, after spending the morning and afternoon walking can hardly wait to get outside and jump rope again.  She loves it when Evie and I twirl the big rope and she can strut her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...