Friday, March 25, 2011

Sun Shine and Snow and 17 Degrees

Sunrise Through Snow Flakes
As I write, I can hardly read my computer screen as the sun shine, coming in the front window is so bright, that I have to turn my head towards the book shelves to continue.  When I got up, there were thick, heavy gentle snow flakes falling, as the sun fought it's way up above the cloud cover over Bemus Bay.  Now it's above it, lighting the lake and living room, with brilliant sunshine, sometime rare in the winter as well as summer because of the foliage on the trees.  We are off to the Honda dealer today to get new brakes for the Pilot; I am not optimistic about the cost.  I am sure it will be double what I expect.  Then off to the tax man, to Weggies, to the carpet store, perhaps, and Walmart, a busy morning.  Tonight, we are off to Webb's for a free wine tasting, then back to Linda and Ron's for dinner.

It's been cold but sunny today, as we got our errands done, pictures of Flat Stanley made for Marlena, our brakes fixed, and a stop at another carpet store, which just confused us more, as usual.  Every place has a deal, about the same as the others, with the best carpets, the same as the others.  So what to do.  Nothing.  It's supposed to get very cold tonight perhaps down to 10 degrees and, as I was listening to NPR, they were mentioning a heavy snowfall in Buffalo though it sunny and clear here at the lake. Tonight possible snow flurries but tomorrow should be nice.  Off to wine testing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...