Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dazzling Sunshine Today


I woke up late, for me, about 7:15 and uncharacteristically, the bedroom was filled with light.  It was the sun beginning to rise, though I am usually rising to a darkened room.  Anyways, it's now 8:30, the sun is brilliant over Bemus Point, and I can hardly look that way, as the lake is so shiny because of the ice.  I have to move my seat because the sun's so bright in the living room.  It sounds like a good day to go ski through Long Point, the rails out to be easy to follow, groomed by the snow mobilers and skiers, and the high today will be around 30, perfect if not a bit warm for skiing.

Beth and Rami must have gotten home yesterday from Big Sky because Evie's on the phone talking to them now.  It must be hard to get back to the routine after a week of skiing in Montana.  The price we have to pay for having a vacation.

I am tempted to go to a basketball  game tonight at Jamestown Community College, as a couple of local teams play in the second round of the b-ball tournament.  It's always fun to go to these  games, to see the cheerleaders, the crowd, the high school spirit, in fact, the spirit of the entire town, which usual turns out for these games.  It reminds of the way it used to be when I played; all the parents and grandparents would come to the game and it was something the entire town would attend.  Clymer plays Panama, two  towns within 15 miles of us, I would guess.

Earlier today, I tried to walk out on the lake,  but my boots went through right at at the edge, up to the top of my boots.  That's why it's strange to still see fishermen out on the lake, as well as a few snow mobiles.  We went over to Long Point this morning and skied/snow shoed for about an hour.  The paths were well groomed to say the least, and fairly icy in places that made it difficult to cross country ski but he was good to be out in the woods with the sun out.  Some of trails were even bare leading up to the woods so we had to walk a ways on pavement before putting on our skis.  We got back around 1:00 had lunch, watched Jon Steward and Stephen Colbert, my routine for lunch, took a brief nap, read some of my next book, INFIDEL,  byAyann Hirsi Ali, and now its time to get ready to head off to Lakewood to return the carpet swatches, pick up some paint colors, then go to the basketball game.  A lazy day, though it went awfully fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...