Thursday, January 26, 2017

No White Yet


7:20
I woke again at 5:38 but did not get downstairs until 6:50, to turn on the coffee, settle down on the couch, get out my computer and turn on the radio.  As I start my blog, it is now 7:10, still too dark outside to take a morning photograph and the pundits finally have something else to talk about other than DT, the sad passing of Mary Tyler Moore.  I guess it's going to take someone dying to change the morning narrative.

Ice Skating Crow
Yesterday was another Chautauqua gray day, with a few momentary bursts of sunshine late afternoon, teasing us with hints of spring.  I like Wednesdays and Thursdays because I get an extra half hour to relax because yoga starts at 10:00, not 9:30.  A half hour makes a big difference.  Yoga was harder than usual because we had a substitute teacher but I liked it because it was different.  One of the woman brought along her husband for the first time, something we rarely see, a husband and wife at yoga.  I guess I can understand that as 95% of classes are usually filled with women at my studio.  I am the only regular male in the mornings.  After class, I stopped at the ATM to pick up some cash which seems to disappear quite easily, especially when we are sitting at the Viking Club bar!

Evie put together a mushroom and onion omelet for lunch, a nice change and the rest of the afternoon was the usual, lunch, Wallander, a book and a nap.  Evie went to the YMCA and had a good workout, mostly because she loves her Apple music which makes working out some what fun.  Around 3:30, I  drove over to the Smith Library to pick up a book I ordered;  I don't even remember the name, only that it was highly recommended.  O, yea, it's called A LITTLE LIFE.

A Dollop Of Sun At 4:30
Because it was Wednesday and gray, which fit our moods, we decided to have a Manhattan hour, with good cheese, crackers and cashews.  It was a  good choice as we finally put aside the politics and listened to music until it was time to eat.  Dinner was leftover chicken/ricotta/cheese lasagna from Tuesday night with a nice sour dough roll.  We watched two more tension filled episodes of NOBEL before it was time to go upstairs and read before falling asleep. I just finished LIVIA LONE and am now reading I LET YOU GO by Clare Macintosh, both new crime novels highly recommended by the NYTimes.  I did not think I would like I LET YOU GO because of the opening tragedy but I really like the two main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...