Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Dreary, Rainy, Gray Morning

7:40

8:12
It's' almost 8:00 and both Evie and I are up, as the lake slowly become visible, shades of gray.  A few fishing shacks are already out although the lake looks slick, wet, because of the warming morning, 37º at the moment.  I don't think we will be doing anything outdoors today.

Yesterday I skipped yoga for a doctor's appointment to see if I could do anything to get rid of my cough.  He had no answers, ordered a few tests, and I will just have to tough it out.  I feel good, just have this annoying cough.  C'est la vie.  It did ruin the morning for me, however, no yoga, no coffee or shopping.  When I got home, Evie, too was out of sorts, wanting to workout but not sure when she wanted to go.

So I had lunch, soup and wieners and beans and I watched another episode of CASE before falling asleep watching a replay of the KC/Pittsburgh football game.  When I woke, Evie was procrastinating, putting off her drive to the YMCA until it got to late to go.  A good choice, as she was enjoying herself, writing a few notecards, hanging out, doing little if anything until dinner time, a wasted day so to speak but delicious.  I was with her, doing little other than checking on my car which seems to have needed only a new battery.  I pick it up this morning.

We experimented with dinner, having bought an eye of the round roast, salted it and wrapped it in saran wrap on Sunday, leaving it to sit for 24 hours in the refrigerator.  Around 4:00, Evie seared it then put it in the oven for an hour until it reached a temperature of 112º, then turned the oven off and let it sit for another hour.  Meanwhile, I got out some potatoes, washed them, and Evie boiled them for mashed potatoes. Earlier, she had put together a cheesy cauliflower casserole.  So by 6:00, we were both hungry and had a great dinner, thinly sliced and delicious eye of round, gravy, mashed potatoes, cheesy cauliflower, and salad.  Why ever go out?  We then binged watched TV until 9:30, watching a couple episodes of GOLIATH on Amazon, Prime, then a new HOMELAND, and finally, Showtime's THE AFFAIR.  We were TV-ed out by 9:30, and I was ready to go upstairs and read my new book,  NEWS OF THE WORLD, a Western novel, set in Texas in 1879, reminding me of Larry McMurtry's great Western novel, LONESOME DOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...