Tuesday, January 24, 2017

It Will Come (snow)

7:40
It's 7:00, still dark out and we are both up unfortunately.  It's too, too early, nothing to see and only pundits to hear.  It's 31º out, rain or snow is forecast for the day.  At the moment, it looks like rain not snow.

We had our typical start to the week, nothing big happening, just another start to staying in shape.  I went to yoga, had my coffee, and stopped at Wegman's.  What else to do?  Yoga class was less attended than usual and I always wonder why?  Joyce, the barrista, and Dave, the regular, were at Ryder's and I was able to pick up a dozen eggs.  And Wegman's was quiet, probably because it was a Monday.  I was home just after 12:00.

While I was gone, Evie was busy polishing up all the wood in our living room.  I could smell the Milsak polish when I walked in the house.  The wood, especially around the windows, tends to dry out so the polish really brings out the grain.  Evie always sees things that need attention that I don't, doing stuff I would never have thought to do around the house, like polishing the wood, dusting the blinds.  The difference between wife and husband?

Lunch was so easy that even I could make it, soup and a bagel with cream cheese.  I watched an episode of Wallender and as I was finishing my bagel, Evie drove off to work out at the gym.  She tried a new gym, in the strip mall next to Wegman's, free because we now belong to Silver Sneakers, and liked it.  So she now has a choice of three places to work out, two are free and the YMCA is only twenty bucks a month.  Heck, even I can visit the two that are free.  She came home enthused about the workout place which has a small workout room where you can put literally anything on a large screen TV, a yoga class, a spin class, whatever and follow it.  Sounds neat.

For dinner, we were going to cook burgers outside.  My grill is not always reliable so on Sunday, I tested it to make sure it was working fine...it was, the temperature rose to 600º.  Yesterday evening, however, it would not rise above 200º, so Evie grilled the burgers in the house.  I made up a Big Boy like sauce and Evie sauteed some mushrooms and onions for toppings.  The burgers were great and I think cooking them outside is overrated.  I know most restaurants just grill them like we did but it is messy.  We were at a loss for something to watch after the next episode of The Affair, so we watched the first episode of both The Young Pope and Victoria and were not taken with either of them.  I doubt if they give them another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...