Thursday, December 31, 2015

White Roofs, Gray Skes

Winter Kayaking
8:00
It's 7:30 and I can now see a dusting of snow on the roofs and there's a dusting on the lawns.  The sky and lake are just becoming visible as well.  I don't think we will see any sun today, perhaps an inch or two of snow during the day.

The days have seemed the same all week, cold and gray and wet.  Until this morning, we have not had even a hint of snow though Monday was close, with ice pellets and freezing rain.  We seem to be waiting, for what I am not sure; I guess the beginning of the New Year, next Monday perhaps, when we get back into routine, at least I will, as I begin yoga again for the first time in six months.  Evie's started, having begun at the YMCA.

I spent a good hour yesterday morning, finishing the raking of the front yard, mostly twigs this time and now I can rest and not be bothered by a trashy looking lawn.  Talk about being anal.  It felt good to be outside doing something I must admit; sitting around doing little is not much fun.  Evie left for the gym around noon, and I had lunch, soup and cheese sandwiches and watched another episode of Deadwood before adjourning to the couch to read and take a nap.  I finished the OUTLINE and started Grisham's new novel, ROGUE LAWYER.  It's always nice to a have a pile of books, ready to read, either on my coffee table or now on my Kindle.

Woodlawn, Late Afternoon
Evie got home around 3:30, just as it was starting to get dark.  The lake, however, was like glass, so I could not resist and went for a nice paddle down to Bootey Bay and back.  It was misty out and even started to drizzle some but it did not bother me much.  It just felt good to be back out on the lake, low for this time of the year.

Paddling -- Long Point
Misty Afternoon
For dinner, we had an Indian dish with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and a Trader Joe sauce, over rice.  It's easy and quite good.  We watched the end of the Presidential Awards and were blown away by Aretha Franklin singing Carol King's "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman," honoring Carol King, the songwriter.  We then watched TRAINWRECK, which Amy Schumer wrote and starred in.  After the first half hour, I wondered why anyone liked this movie; it was boring, filled with Schumer's shtick, usually explicitly sexual.  But once her romantic interest was introduced, it became a quirky and endearing love story, with Lebron James playing a secondary role.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...