Wednesday, December 16, 2015

More Clouds, More Gray

7:22
It's 7:45 and I have been up for an hour.  When I wake, I pride myself on how accurately I can predict the time.  This morning I awoke, guessed it was only 4:30 but it was really 6:30.  I did not believe it until I went downstairs and looked at the microwave clock.  So much for pride.  It looks like a boring kind of day, overcast, some rain, a high in the 50's.  We leave for Virginia tomorrow, just as it cools off and snow is predicted.

I continue to luxuriate in the ease and quickness of my new Mac Air.  Why did I not get it earlier? Yesterday was much like today, overcast with a light, occasional drizzle.  Both of us are starting to focus in on our trip when we leave tomorrow for Virginia.  Packing is more difficult this time even though we will be gone for only ten days.  We both have to have more formal clothes for Friday and Saturday nights, for my niece Julia's rehearsal dinner and wedding, both in Alexandria, VA. Fortunately, we have a hotel room for both nights, an easy walk to both venues.  And best of all, Beth, Tom, and Jill, and their families, will be coming to town and staying in the same hotel.  It should be an extraordinary 48 hours for everyone.  We cannot wait.  On Sunday, we head back to Jill's house, in Bristow, VA, and we will spend the week before Christmas with them.

Yesterday, after coffee and some packing and organizing, I drove off to get some things done in Jamestown.  I started with coffee at Ryders Cup, bought some cards, then mailed a return to LL Beans and returned some empty cans.  Next stop was the bank, then on to Sam's to pick up new wireless phones (we got a new phone line on Monday) and a rotisserie chicken for dinner.  My last two stops were in  Jamestown, first at the downtown Viking Club, to pay my dues, and finally to the Prendergast Library, to return a book and take out a couple for our travels East.

While I was gone, Evie picked out her outfits for rehearsal dinner and wedding and she can now put her mind at ease.  Decisions have been made.  She then put together the Three Sister's Stew, with pork, a couple kinds of beans, and tomatoes, which we will be taking to Jill's tomorrow, Thursday, for dinner, making her life easier.  She's been busy with work, her girls, and Drew, her husband, has been out of town, in the Ukraine, for work.

Lunch was a leftover sub, and we both sat down to watch the last episode of our current favorite show, FARGO.  We were not disappointed though a little confused about the relationship between this season and last.  We spent the rest of the afternoon either relaxing, reading and watching TV, or getting things organized for our trip.

We relaxed with a couple of glasses of wine, some cheese and crackers and pistachios until about 7:30 when we had dinner of chicken, home fries, and coleslaw, patiently waiting for the circus to begin, the Republican debate.  As liberals, it's not much fun listening to Obama be demonized for a couple of hours but, then, that's politics, what you have to do to be elected.  We both thought Bush had his best night, Trump his worst, and Rubio and Cruz held their own, as did Christie.  I finally went to bed as the candidates were making their final speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...