Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Where Did Spring Go? More Flurries and Cold!

6:22

Last Night, at 7:45
Monday morning at 7:45


Up too early, for a 7:15 doctor's appointment, then a teeth cleaning at 9:00 in downtown Jamestown.  Actually, I don't feel that tired and it's just 5:45, though it's still dark out side.  I can just make out a hint of a light over Long Point, perhaps a clear sky.

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely, sunny day despite the forecast of snow flurries.  I went to my last Yin Yoga class till May.  I have to admit I am going to miss this class, the routine of exercising each morning with a group of similar people. I made a point to remember the poses from yesterdays' class, the Anglicized names like Sitting Swan, the Gecko, Upward and Downward Facing Dog, the Cobra, the Monkey, and the Wind Shield Wiper, my favorite. After yoga, I went to Ryder's to get a cup of coffee, my morning fix, then off to Wegman's for dinner fixings, taco stuff.

Evie stayed home, wanting to get some things done for our trip to KC on Thursday but went off later in the afternoon for a workout and some last minute shopping.  Mid afternoon, I went for a short walk at the CI, returned a book to the library but decided instead of taking books with me on my trip, I would stay with my Kindle, perhaps a novel or two from my library.  I started Indian writer Amit Chaudhuri's trilogy called Freedom Song.  It's a classic, extremely well written, about life growing up, so far, in both Bombey (Mumbai) and Calcutta, the 'city of dreadful night.'

We had tacos for dinner, easy and good.  I don't know why but simple tacos, with lots of lettuce, cheese, and salsa, really hits the spot, especially with a Pepsi.  Perhaps because it's all bad for you health wise.  We watched The Good Wife, silly, and The Voice, which we both like and think it makes American Idol look amateurish, even silly.  We also like the bonhomie between the judges on The Voice as well.

Right now I am sitting in the Labyrinth Press Coffee house, on 4th Street in Jamestown, having just returned from an early doctor's appointment and am waiting for my teeth cleaning at 9:00.  I got a rock and roll sandwich, egg, cheddar cheese, salsa and avocado, on a wheat bun, quite good, along with a excellent cup of java.  When I left the doctor's office, it was snowing hard, my car windshield covered.  Right now, twenty minutes later, there's blue skies and sun.  Ah Chautauqua weather, you fickle beast!

Tribute to Robert Jackson, Supreme Court Justice, in downtown Jamestown

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...