Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Dazzling Morning Sunrise

6:10


6:40


Sun Rise Over Long Point
It's now almost 7:00 and I have been up watching the sky, clouds, and rising sun change over the past hour.  The lake is various shades of slate, with ducks, mostly buffleheads, dotting the shiny surface.  I have missed this view each morning and today reminds me why.  It's 33ยบ, sunny this morning but clouding up later, with showers, perhaps thunderstorms.

Well, we quickly jumped back into our routine yesterday.  I hesitated to go to yoga, not feeling much like it, but I went anyways and am glad I did.  It felt good to stretch those leg and back muscles after sitting in a car for a couple of days.  Everyone was happy to see me back, of course, and I felt energized after our class.  I made the requisite stop at Ryder's Cup for coffee and a trip to Wegman's to pick up a few groceries to get us by the next couple of days before we have a serious shopping day.  Evie decided to stay home, enjoy her morning, leisurely unpacking and doing mega loads of washing clothes from our trip.  When I got home, most everything was unpacked, lunch was ready, a tuna wrap and homemade vegetable soup.  What a woman!

I relaxed in the afternoon while Evie went into the Lakewood YMCA to get her workout in and stop at the sporting goods store to see if they had any more pairs of the shoes that she really liked and wore when we hiked in Scottsdale.  They were a boys size, but fit great and were inexpensive.  They ordered her another pair, so she was happy.  I went to the Smith Library to pick up a couple of books that I was interested in reading and surprise, a couple of newly published texts were available on their new books shelf, OLEANDER GIRL, and the new Michael Connelly novel.
Dinner at Seezurh House

Around 6:00, the Mc Clure's came over for a beer, before we drove over to Bemus for our ritual Wednesday night steak dinner at the Seezurh House.  They had just arrived from Murraysville, will stay till Sunday.  We had a good time, of course, with typical Seezurh House food, though I had penne with shrimp and asparagus, a change for me.  The Mc Clures are good and were excited about their upcoming trip to Spain and Germany in late June, for a relatives wedding and to visit friends in Germany.
Night Time in Bemus Point

We were home by 8:30, in time to watch The Good Wife and some of the saved episodes from The Voice.  We both have surprised ourselves with how much we have enjoyed this show, especially the duets this past week.

Right now, it's 7:10 and the sun is so bright that I have to move to another couch.  Spring must actually be on its way if the sun is out so early, so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...