Saturday, August 18, 2012

And the Fog Moves In

6:25
Up at 6:20 to a very cool morning, 50 degrees, some mist on the quiet lake.  I just realized there have been few fishing tournaments this summer, hardly a Saturday morning when I was awakened by bass boats roaring off to the sweet spot.  It's now 7:30 and the fog has come in, obscuring Long Point, the sun, though it's a clear morning.  It looks like a spectacular day, the kind we love, sunny and cool, perfect for a hike, ride, or just enjoying the outdoors.

Not much going on here at the lake, in fact, the only thing I remember about yesterday is kayaking early, then going to Ron and Linda's for dinner, grilled chicken and vegetables, and cutting the lawn.  Other than that, I just hung out in the house, reading some, roasting some eggplant for an eggplant and tomato pasta, and putting away the camping gear.  I am not sure why I am so apathetic, but I don't feel like doing much.  It's similar to the first couple of days of vacation, where you are antsy, and have not quite yet found your routine.  So I am slowly getting used to being alone and by the time I do, probably on Monday, Evie will return.  Not that I am complaining, it is just that it's more difficult as you get older to acclimate to change, even a simple one like being on your own for a week.

I am going to push myself today, to kayak, ride a bike, perhaps go on a tour of Jamestown with Ron and Linda if I don't go on a long hike.  And tonight, it's off to the Rod and Gun Club for a 'roast beef' dinner, living it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...