Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunny, Warm, Another Beautiful Day

Family, 2011
A spectacular morning, a bit crisp outside, a harbinger of fall, few clouds to speak of, about 63 degrees, though it's supposed to warm up into the high 70's, just the kind we love.  Not a lot going on today, though we will no doubt fill the day up with tasks, either inside or out.  I think I will take back all our bottles and cans, enough to fill up my Pilot, buy a meal at Johnny's Hots, probably two!

Ron and Linda had us over last night for dinner, as they head back to Murraysville today.  Another  great dinner, cold radish soup, seafood cakes, lentils, and peach bread pudding.  We were able to sit outside for appetizers, but had to come inside for dinner, as it poured for about a half hour.  We had only seen them once, dinner at our house, in the past three weeks, so it was good to catch up, though we spent most of the time talking about the visit of our families.  They will return on the 26th for a couple of weeks, just about the time we will start having company again.

I am slowly getting back into my old routine, though I still show little interest in what's going on politically, as I am fed up with both parties, the media coverage, the hoopla, as the economy slowly tanks.  Republicans are afraid to endorse any policy that might work because it would ensure Obama's reelection.  And Democrats/Obama seem to have not ideas so the Republicans need not worry.  I have to admit my growing disenchantment with Obama and am beginning to think of him as a one term President, perhaps a result of the media and their criticism of him for not being a stronger leader, whatever that means.  Do they want another dope like Bush 'leading', with no idea where he's going other than the belief that God is with him.  Enough.  I guess I still am paying attention to politics despite my earlier disavowal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...