Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life is Getting Better!

Back to Sunrises at the Lake
A great morning, so to speak, clear skies, cool, great sleeping weather and we are beginning to get into our old routine, enshallah.  We went in to Mayville to shop this morning, something different, picked up some things at Tops, hit Sadie J's for a coffee, and stopped at the hardware store.

We had pizza last night at Leonards, with Pat Jones, a nice way to spend an evening, as it was perfect sitting outside, just a bit of coolness in the air, enjoying pizza and good conversation.  Pat brought some Pellegrino peppers, in tomato sauce, which is made in Warren, PA, her hometown, and I swear I was able to get them at the Italian store in Akron, Ohio.  They certainly ship them to other states, though Weggies supposedly does not have them.  We put them on the pizza for some extra bite and it was quite good.

I have started trying to fill the low spots in the lawn, and reseed some of the bare spots, working my way down systematically, hoping to water each day and keep track of where I have filled in.  It's slow and laborious, but I hope it works, as the last time I did it, the bare spots remained bare spots, not a blade, as the dirt seemed to turn hard, as it nothing could grow through it.  Let's hope things are different this time.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...