Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall Like Morning, Amazing Cloud Formations, and Sunny and Windy

Rock Hunting at Woodlawn Creek
Up at 7:00 and it was 61 degrees, as I had to get the fleeces out of the attic to be comfortable this morning.  Drew came in from NYC last night about 9:30, so he will be here for Hayden's 10th birthday, which is today.  To say she is excited would be an understatement, as she was up before me for the first time, to excited to sleep in.  She gets crepes for breakfast, juicy lucy burgers and homemade fries for dinner, and a trip to Midway Park tomorrow.  Also, they are off to the petting zoo again today if they can find something to feed the deer/llamas/pigs at the campground.  We had leftover corn yesterday but are out of anything to feed them, like stale bread, today.


At the Campground Petting Zoo

Halle in the Morning
Yesterday, the girls and I went out to the Woodlawn creek, looking for crayfish but ended up coming up with rocks for some reason.  Hayden, especially, loves rocks so she came home with 51 small ones, how she chooses one over another is a mystery to me.  I found two more large ones for my driveway, which is my obsession, large, interesting colored or shaped rocks, to paint on. For dinner, we had our old sausage, mushroom, zucchini, and cooking sherry pasta, something our kids associate with summer at the lake.  I am not so sure the grandchildren feel the same way about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...