Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grandpa Ed and Dot Arrive?

Another Rosy Fingered Dawn
A fall like cool when I got up, about 53 degrees though it's sunny and much warmer now, at 10:30, about 65 degrees, perfect weather to be outside.  I have my no knead bread rising for the second time, and am about ready to plot it in the oven.  Evie made a couple of loves of dill bread yesterday, from a recipe Dorothy sent her.  It's yummy so we will be carbohydrate loading the next couple of days.  I cannot wait to have a tomato/fresh mozzarella/basil sandwich on these breads and hope the tomatoes are good.  The lake is glistening as I sit here, wondering why I am inside when I could be outside raking weeds with Evie (I did rake earlier for a bit), so I am about ready to head out.

We have not heard from Ed and Dot, so I assume they are at Penn State, visiting Dot's sister and they will be here either today, tomorrow, or not at all, depending on how they feel I suppose.  We hope they come here but it all depends on how Dad's feeling, whether he 's up to it though resting here as opposed to Euclid seems like a  better option.  I expect them tomorrow, actually, as they probably want to spend more time with Margo, Dot's sister.

We watched THE VERDICT last night, a 1982 Paul Neumann movie, very dated, slow, and surprisingly cliched, as you got tired of watching him agonize over his case.  Everything about the movie was vintage 70's and shows you how much our lifestyles have changed in 35 years.  The offices, the streets, the apartments, the courtroom, the buildings, all were decrepit looking.  The music, too, was often silly, the type we used to get during the sixties to build up suspense or create a mood.  A strange ending, it just stopped, and why the jury decided to side with the victim, especially after Neumann's silly speech about justice and the courts (he gave no evidence to support the case) remains a mystery.  I guess they were wooed by his going off into the clouds, even though it had nothing to do with the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...