 |
| 7:03 |
 |
| 7:54 |
I am sitting out on our front porch, listening to thunder, lightning, and rain at 7:30. It's been raining since I woke at 7:00, having slept in again. . It looks like today will be a warm one, with highs in the mid-80s. I just looked at the map, and it may keep raining for the next hour or two, so no kayaking. It's 8:06 and still raining, but off to the north the sky is clearing. Sitting on my porch, I look due east, toward Long Point.
Tuesday was a good day, and as always, if I have a good paddle, it's a good day. I was out for close to an hour, with four other paddlers and no fishing boats. I got a couple of great shots of an eagle enjoying a fish dinner in our maple tree. When I finished, Evie was up and feeling good, which was a relief after a bad day or two. After the blog and breakfast, I decided to skip yoga and go for a walk in Dobbins Woods, about a ten-minute drive. It's been one of our favorite walks, but not yesterday. First, the humidity was at 89%, so I was uncomfortable before I even started. I had forgotten that at least a quarter of the trail is boardwalks, and the rest often involves navigating tree roots, so most of the time I had to keep my head down and watch where I was walking, oblivious to the woods. I was out for just over a half hour and was happy to finish and get home. When I walked in, I did a thorough tick check, then took a shower since I was so sweaty.
 |
| A Good Walk Spoiled |
 |
| Trying To Keep My Balance On Boardwalks |
 |
| Lots Of Leaves |
 |
| Navigating Tree Roots |
While I was gone, Evie was in the attic, going through all the toys we've accumulated over the years for our grandchildren's visits. Since our great-grandson Rhys will be visiting in late September, she wants to have lots of toys available for him. Right now, I'd say she has enough toys for four or five kids! She took time off to make me a salami and tomato sandwich, and with some chicken noodle soup, I was happy. I'm watching the third season of Goliath and am not taken with it, but I'll stick with it.
 |
| Our Neighbor, Joe, Out For A Sail |
I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, reading, napping, and occasionally checking in on the guys doing the sewer hookups in our neighbors' yards. They're good guys and fun to talk with. Evie finished organizing her Toys "R" Us by 3:00 and took a shower at 4:00, since we were meeting two couples for dinner at Steeners at 5:30. We were fortunate to find a place to park, and Tom and Julie were already there, saving a table for the six of us. Jane and Jerry joined soon after; four of us ordered the steak special — a filet or Delmonico with fries — for forty bucks. They were great, and so were the fries. Because both Tom and Jerry have lived and worked in the area, it was like old home week for them, with numerous friends sitting at the bar.
 |
| Oldies But Goodies |
We were home by 7:15 and sat in the living room, enjoying the early evening, reading or on our devices. After Evie went up to bed, I watched an episode of Reacher, then another episode of Goliath, before heading up myself.
And So Much More!
No comments:
Post a Comment