 |
| 6:36 |
 |
| 8:13 |
Joey Bimbo was a character from a cartoon we loved in the 1960s. It pictured an overweight guy sitting in a lounge chair, watching TV, with a couple of empty six-packs of beer strewn around his chair. So a day like yesterday, given up to eight or nine hours of TV watching, reminds me of the Joey Bimbo cartoon.
Today's a totally gray morning, sky and lake, with no hint of the sun. The lake, however, is absolutely flat — perfect for skiing or paddleboarding. I was up at 6:30, out on the lake for 75 minutes, paddling across to Long Point, then back to Bootey Bay and home.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Nancy And Jeff Skiing Early |
 |
| Northern Gray |
 |
| A Rare Photo Of Two Herons |
 |
| Great Blue |
 |
| A Leisurely Morning Paddle |
 |
| Scrunchy |
 |
| On Neighbor's Dock |
Saturday morning was the usual; the afternoon and evening were given up to watching TV. The morning began with a good paddle, a few shots of birds, then the blog and breakfast. Evie announced that she wanted to do a good cleaning downstairs. Before we started, though, we gathered the trash, and I headed to the Transfer Station, then to Hogan's to fill two five-gallon cans with gas for my boat at $4.39 a gallon. When I returned home, my first chore was to fix a shelf in our kitchen that always seemed to fall. The plastic holders kept failing, so I used super glue to keep them in their holes. Once I was done, Evie checked it out and noticed one side was lower than the other. I said it was going to stay that way—just as the whole shelf collapsed. My supportive wife laughed and called me Mr. Fixit! Needless to say, Mr. Fixit will be at it again today.
After that disastrous result, we tackled the north windows in our living room. I went outside, crawled below the rhododendrons, cleaned off the spiders and their droppings, then washed the windows. It's a pain to get back there, especially with a small ladder. Evie used the small vacuum on the couches while I vacuumed the entire living room and family room.
We were done by 12:30, and Evie made us fried potatoes and fried eggs for lunch. I took a brief nap but made sure to get downstairs by 2:00 to watch the US women defeat Spain on their way to the Finals against France. After the game, I switched to women's tennis, where upstart Elena Rybakina won her second major and defeated favored Aryna Sabalenka. I then took a break from TV to enjoy a glass of wine with Evie before dinner. Around 7:00, we had pasta with mushrooms and sausage, along with a salad and rolls. We watched two amazingly tense episodes of ER — so much better than the much-ballyhooed The Pitt. Around 8:30, I watched the first half of the Ohio State/Texas game until 10:00, confident Ohio State would win with a 20-3 halftime lead. Well, this morning I found out they lost, 24-23.
Today looks like another Joey Bimbo kind of day with the Buffalo Bills/Houston game at 1:00, the Women's World Cup Ball game at 2:00, the US Open Final also at 2:00, and more NFL games at 4:30 and 8:30.
President Bone Spurs
Be glad your boat doesn’t run on diesel , which is over $6.00 per gallon . On the news , a truck driver was complaining that it costs over $1000,00 to fill up .
ReplyDelete