Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Starry. Starry Morning



7:20
7:55

A Gaggle of Early Morning Honkers!
Up before 6:00, got the paper and was amazed by the star filled sky, a crescent moon, the big dipper hanging over the roof of our house, and a warmer morning than the past few days, 39ยบ.  It's still dark as I begin this blog at 6:40, only a few house lights visible along the Bemus shore line.  Mornings and afternoons will change Saturday night with DST, more sun early, less light in the afternoon.

Once again, I ended up going to yoga a day early, at my teacher's request, so that I have become a regular on Tuesday's, though I signed up for Wednesday.  Class was much the same as the previous weeks, but I do enjoy learning more about each pose, and repeating certain poses week after week helps me to remember the little things that make a difference.  Class always seems to have a couple of walk ins.  I had to laugh at one women, who brought her over weight thirty something son last week. This week, she said she couldn't wake him up in time for our 10:00 class.  Must be nice.  One of the things I enjoy about class is the ride to Westfield and along Hardscrabble Road, set on a ridge, overlooking two or three miles of vineyards, leading down to Lake Erie.  I vow each time to bring my camera but always forget.  And this time, three huge trucks, with massive trailers were parked along side the narrow road, waiting to be filled with grapes.  On the way home, I stopped at Patterson Library, to pick up the fourth volume of David Downing's series set in Nazi Germany.  I am about to finish the second volume, start the third.  I also stopped at Tops to pick up some food stuff for dinner since we were having the McClures over for dinner.

Evie had most every thing ready for our pasta dinner when I got home around 1:00.  Mid afternoon, we had to drop my Accord off at Keystone because I need new rear brakes and rotors, something I have to get done every two years.  Not sure why but the brakes on both of my Honda's don't seem to last very long.  Around 4:00, we were all set for the McClures, so we decided to take a short kayak paddle because it was so nice out.  It was cool starting out, as we were still in the shade of the  trees but once we got out in the middle, the sun warmed us up, and when we headed home, we could barely make out the shore the sun was so bright.  The lake, unfortunately, was once again riddled with floating algae and a ribbon of green edged the shoreline.  The algae bloom seems arbitrary as the last time we paddled, we commented on the clarity of the water around Woodlawn.
Pasta Gals
McClure's arrived back to the lake late afternoon, unpacked and came over to our house for dinner around 6:15.  It was good to see them again as they had been in Murrysville for at least three weeks. We had Vodka pasta with shrimp, and Evie and Linda are becoming pros at making fresh fettuccine. Ron and I sat at the bar, enjoying our beers, watching the ladies make the fresh pasta while enjoying their own glass of wine.  Dinner was great, of course, and with home
made blue cheese dressing on our salads, we were a happy foursome.  For dessert, we had brownies with ice cream, no Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge sauce for Ron and me.  They left about 10:15, late for both of us, so we must have been having a good time.

Today looks like a nice day, perhaps a walk at the Audubon Nature Center, some shopping and home to enjoy the sunny afternoon, and the cutting of both Leonard's and our lawn.  We are driving to Bristow, VA, to visit Jill, Drew and the girls on Friday, so we want to chop the leaves at least once before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...