Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Pastel Morning Sky of Pink and Gray


Harvest Moon, 7:05 PM

7:00

7:29
Up at 6:30, Evie as well, as the sky now, at 7:10, looks like a Monet painting but in pinks and grays, even the lake has a pink hue at the moment.  The ever changing dawn is wonderful to wake up to each morning.  I often go to bed excited and cannot wait to get up to see what it looks like.

Yesterday we decided to take the day off from hiking for some reason I cannot think of at the moment, perhaps the weather.  I decided to work on getting things ready outside for the winter, so I took in all of the floats and buoys from the water, scrubbed them with soap, trying to get off the accumulation of algae, with some success.  All the chairs went into the garage, and I raked the leaves where the dock pieces will go, filling two garbage cans with wet leaves.  Throughout most of my work outside, it drizzled and just as I finished, of course, the sun came out.  While I was working outside, Evie was making up some mushroom/barley soup to take with us today for my Aunt Peggy and Uncle Tom, who we are going to visit before the clambake at my sister's house.

At 11:00,  I drove into Lakewood, to do a number of short errands, get money, return cans/bottles, pick up some 'orange sprinkles' for Halloween cookies, check out some leather barrel chairs at Raymour and Flanigan, and see if there are any deals on bushes/trees at Home Depot, all done in just about two hours, a record.  We both worked outside in the afternoon, Evie raking and cutting the lawn before the rains this weekend, and I put more items up in the attic of the garage, emptying the garage slowly so that when the snows come, perhaps as early as next week, I can park one of the cars inside.
Beauty of Verticals and Horizontals on the Westside Overland Trail
For dinner, we simmered some bratwurst in beer, then browned them, added them to sauerkraut and braised them for another twenty minutes.  That was our dinner but neither of us was satisfied, so Evie made up a salad, which we both enjoyed, obviously had missed.  For dessert, we had the last of the pumpkin pie, watched three episodes of Damages, and Evie went up to bed early, tired from the day. I stayed up and read, a book that I may have to put down, as it's becoming too confusing and is over 700 pages long.  Not sure I can stick with it: THE WOMAN WHO LOST HER SOUL by Bob Shacochis, a marvelous writer but dense and wordy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...