Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ah, A Quiet Morning On The Lake

7:30 Morning of Fallen Leaves

Awake at 6:30 and came down for coffee, no paper yet, the lake just beginning to be visible and warm outside, 59ยบ, and we even have a couple of windows open.  Right now, at 7:30 it's overcast, a chance of rain early then clearing and warm, in the mid 70's.

Yesterday, we did hike because Evie had a dentist appointment in Jamestown at 10:00, and she then went shopping at Sam's Club and Wegman's, stocking up for the next week we hope.  I did take a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria loop, something I have not done since last spring.  It's an easy and fun walk, takes about 35 minutes unless I walk Victoria Road as well, adding another 25 minutes which I did.  The woods are changing their colors rapidly, the trails covered already with the fallen leaves. Woodlawn Creek is almost dry since we have not had rain for at least ten days.  As I walked, I tidy-ed up the trail, removing branches and twigs, using them to outline the trail for the winter, snow covered days.
Kinney's 'Dry" Run

Victoria Trail

View of Woodlawn from Afar

Evie came home around 1:00 and we quickly unpacked the car, put away the groceries and both of us went out to the dock, our routine the past week or two, to enjoy the waning of summer days here on the lake.  It was a 'super, primo, extra' day on the lake, as the Monk on my four day stay on Mt. Athos, in Greece put it, while eating mulberries from the monasteries  tree.  By super, primo, extra, I mean there could not have been a better day, sunny but not hot, a slight breeze, few if any boats, no lawn mower or blower noises, just Evie and me reading or dozing on the dock of our cruise ship, the Davis dock, as we float into fall.  Around 3:00, I could not talk Evie into kayaking because she was so comfortable in her deck chair, so I went off for an hour, casting my line, catching 'nada' but enjoying just floating, occasionally paddling along the shorelines, seizing the day.

Since the Mc Clures are leaving tomorrow, we decided to go into Jamestown, to the newest Brew Pub on 4th Street, Brazil Craft Beer and Wine Lounge.  Fortunately, there were enough empty seats for us to sit at the bar, and we enjoyed a couple of beers, Evie and I drafts, Ron and Linda bottled beers from Germany.  For dinner, we went to Taco Hut, just around the corner from Brazil's, where Evie and Linda had Mexican pizza, terrific, and I had a dry, un interesting Mexican burger.  We got home just about 8:00, just in time for Ron to watch the Pirates playoff game on TV, which they won 6-2.  I assume he's a happy guy this morning.  We watched S & C, then a couple more episodes of Nurse Jackie, before going upstairs to read.
Add caption

Enjoying a Micro Brew

This morning I start a once a week yoga class in Westfield, at the Studio at Panterra, a lovely studio set in the woods on Hardscrabble Road in Westfield.  The teacher, Dariel Woltz, is the local yoga guru, having trained all my teachers at Eight Limbs Studio in Lakewood and she also spent a number of years at Kripalu, the yoga center in the East.  It should be interesting and different, as she is a stickler for doing things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...