Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Overcast, A Light Rain, And Cooler Weather

7:48 AM
5:00 PM,  Tuesday afternoon
Up later than usual, 7:20, to more fallen leaves on the freshly mulched lawn, a slate gray lake and sky, 57º and it's supposed to get colder over the next few days.  The end to our Indian Summer?  We will be here to see.

Yesterday was yoga at 10:00, another day of disappointment for me, as I continue to find out that I do most poses incorrectly, this time it was downward facing dog, which I thought I knew how to do. Well, I don't because I rounded my back, a result once again of my tight hamstrings. Rats.  There were a few new people in class, one a guy who made comments during class, thinking he was funny.  I am sure you know the kind, thinks he's funny and likes the attention.  Perhaps I am too quick to judge but it was off putting.  It was, however, a good class in that Dariel took her time, helping the five of us with our poses and before we knew it, it was 12:15, a class over two hours long.  I don't mind, nor did anyone else as none of us seem to have anything we had to do.
Hydrangea Blossom

Seven Son Flower Tree

Yesterday's Morning Sun

While I was at yoga, Evie was prepping our dinner, as Charlie and Wendy Heinz were coming over, friends from the CI who we have gotten to know, Charlie through my breakfast club, Evie through the now defunct Ladies of the Night.  I didn't get home from yoga till 1:00 and Evie had the cabbage strudel ready, the pork tenderloins and sauce done as well, freeing her for a good part of the afternoon to cut the lawn, mulching the leaf strewn yard and by 6:00, when the Heinz's arrived, the yard looked like a putting green.  Amazing.

We had Thai Curried Butternut Squash soup for an appetizer on our front porch, the wind having died down, the porch cozy and warm.  We sat out till dark and came in to a great dinner.  The Heinz's loved Evie's cabbage strudel, wanted the recipe, even took some home.  And the pork tenderloin, with a mustard, white wine and grape sauce was done just right, slightly pink and tender, with a tasty sauce.  A great meal.  We finished the night in our living room with pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and the Heinz's stayed till 9:45, as we had a fun night of laughs and conversation.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...