Thursday, October 3, 2013

Breakfast Thursdays

7:10
Hydrangeas


More Hydrangeas
Up at 6:40 to fog, a cooler morning of 48º, gray off to the east, pink to the south,  blue skies behind the house, a puzzling morning of weather.  The fog is not as heavy as last week, in fact, as I write, I can see  Long Point and Tom's Point but not the east shoreline.

Yesterday, Evie had a morning to herself, as I went off to yoga at the Studio at Panterra, in Westfiield.  She made good use of her time, loving having the house to herself, taking apart the living room, couches, pillows, etc, washing the slip covers, giving it a  good old spring clean in the fall.  The house looked amazing when I returned home, around 12:45.  While she cleaned, I found out that I knew very little about doing yoga correctly.  Our class was small, four of us, in a studio in the woods, and we all got individual help as Dariel, the teacher, wants to make sure all her students do things correctly.  So, we worked mostly on our ham strings.  She explained that tight ham strings lead to poor posture, as they force you to stoop, especially as you get older.  Interesting.  And I found out that I have tight ham strings, of course, that I can hardly create the lumbar curve in my back when doing various poses.  Not so interesting. Depressing.  Anyways, she took apart all the exercises, explaining how and why we did them, and I thoroughly enjoyed the class, as she paid particular attention to me, either because I was new or needed the help.  It was not a rigorous class, more one of learning, which I liked.  She also wrote the proper way of chanting OM on the wall: Ah-O-U- M, deconstructing the word for us.  We were in class for close to two hours, as she does not seem to worry about time which is fine as long as you don't have somewhere to go.  I also like that she has the studio all set up for her students, blankets, mats, blocks, straps, everything you need is waiting for you.  I can see why my teachers in Lakewood have all taken classes from her.  I stopped at the Noble Winery on the way home, just to see the view, of vineyards and Lake Erie in the distance.  And I picked up some Concord grapes, eggplant and tomatoes at a small vegetable stand along RT. 20 in Westfield.  A good morning.

Once again, we spent the afternoon out on the dock, enjoying the sun and warm weather.  Evie was pumped because she had spent the morning working towards the leisure of the afternoon.  It was a quiet day on the lake, a few fishing boats, a kayak or two, even a quiet neighborhood, as only the Scholtz's and us seem to be at the lake.  Evie went for a swim, even dunking underwater claiming the water was "refreshing." Around 5:00, we went in and Evie put together Greek Lemon Chicken, and put it in the oven for an hour, while we enjoyed a class of wine, enjoying the view of a sun drenched Long Point, colors highlighting the changing colors of leaves, like looking at a canvas of colors.

Dinner was the Lemon chicken, with garlic spinach and rice, a family favorite since we usually make it when we go visit our kids.  And the aroma of the chicken, as it cooks, is enough to make you want to sit right down and eat, which we did.  We watched a few more episodes of Nurse Jackie, and the first episode of a new program on Showtime called Ray Donovan.  We are not sure about it; he's a fixer in Hollywood, a violent kind of guy, but we will give it a chance.  We ended the evening with S and C, listening to  them rant and make fun of Congress, the shutdown.  Funny but sad, too, how dysfunctional our law makers have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...